You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo on dual monitors

I was using Affinity photo on an Imac with a small 19" external monitor, where i had the editing window on the Imac, would do the editing on a photo there, and see the photo separately on the external monitor. I replaced the monitor with a larger 27" one and now I can only see the editing window on the Imac. I can display it on either the Imac monitor or the external monitor, but I can't get the photo being edited on one and the editing window (with the photo) on the other. 

Anyone have suggestions?

It's connected via the USB-C port to HDMI on the external monitor. 

I guess what's confusing me is that when i had the smaller monitor, i didn't do anything in Affinity to have the dual displays show the photo being edited on one and the editing workspace on another. I'll try your suggestion.

• 6 months later...

I can't find a "Separate Mode" option.  If I click menu -  Window  my only drop down is the current file name.

The Help screen doesn't recognize the search for "Separate Mode"

Any suggestions on how to use a second monitor would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

7 hours ago, Swensor said:

I can't find a "Separate Mode" option.  If I click menu -  Window  my only drop down is the current file name.

Separated mode is only available (or needed) on the Mac versions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi I have the same question as the OP here. Except I don't want to use separated mode for everything ( don't like everything floaty ), I just want a separate view on a second monitor like arrange -> new window does for PS.

Is this possible, I tried dragging like above but doesn't appear to work.

Thanks

Colin

• 8 months later...

I use a Dual Monitor Setup (43 inch via USB-C Dock) on a Macbook Air M1.

Would love it if the Finder window @when I export things (cmd+alt+shift+s)" to not reset it's dimensions / sizes.

Always resets to this:

854532629_CleanShot2021-01-16at14_04_50.png.8039b1e35155aaa1d5479c60efa79427.png

Would love to stay like this:

1937701956_CleanShot2021-01-16at14_05_15.thumb.png.17c5e99a1cbf932a3eef8d5b16d063a5.png

Thank youu.