You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy/paste slice or edit all slices -- is this possible?

I'm creating a font using Affinity Designer and I have to export each letter individually, this could be done easily but I need the slices to be 256x256 in their dimensions. Right now the only ways I know how to do this is by either dragging and creating a lot of 256x256 slice squares or by turning each letter object into a slice but then I would have to rescale those as well! 

It would be really useful if there was a way to just copy drag a slice, or being able to edit the transform of multiple selected slices. Am I missing something or is this really not possible?

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 16.46.28.png

Currently working on a blog to share design, game development and web related things. Check it out here at goede.site! Also working on a transition guide for Illustrator users moving to Affinity Designer :26_nerd:, if you have any handy tips or resources I would love to know about them.

• Staff

Hi Pining,

It isn't possible to duplicate slices or apply a transformation to all of your slices I'm afraid. You will have to resize each slice manually

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, bogdan808 said:

It's very dull! And very convenient!

You could set the size   256w, 256h   in the slice size box

256.png.ae0fcefceec9c1d0d8f50338aaaa5140.png

It is then possible to save these attributes and copy them to multiple slices using the copy paste format buttons.

sliced.png.f588914648a90bc8d053ec7981387991.png

the slices will all be 256 x 256., even if they started out bigger. It resizes the slice to 256 x 256 but does not keep the aspect ratio. So you must make the slice square.

It might help, or not ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Having the ability to select a bunch of slices and tell them all to be a specific size would be pretty intuitive and really darned useful.  Overall, the slice->export thing is a real improvement over what I used to use in Photoshop, but this is a problem when you have 100+ assets that all need to be sliced the same size regardless of the actual layer size.  

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...