You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feather edges , alpha only checkbox for blur effect

Would love  such a feature  working  as effect,  in both Design and Photo,   probably as one more checkbox in  Blur effect   blurring only alpha of an object.     Would be much more helpful than Photoshop styled mask feather which annoys me with doing  redundant  mask first.   You could see an example in Photoline  where you can choose on what channel the blur effect works exactly .

Not  that I couldn't do same manually with blurring mask things, same as in Photoshop  but it takes me annoying amount of extra  manipulations.  I'd like it to be just a part of same live effect.

• Staff

Hi kirk23,

We did have a Feather FX in the first Betas of the application before its first release but it end up being removed because the dev team wasn't happy with it. I believe it will return at some point. I would also like to have it as an FX and even as an independent tool (for custom variable feather distances per shape).

Wonder if those betas are still available?  

I miss the feature very much.    I recall  Creation House Expression  which is not working on Mac anymore and I can't find Windows version too.    It was a super cool feature there where you could do not only  simple edge feather but even feather + noise  giving a lot of interesting effects.   Microsoft then killed it when turned the soft into their "Design" version.