You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there an Affinity photo workbook?

Thanks MEB, I have lookd in Amazon and discovered that Serif has already created a placeholder for the Photo Workbook, with date October 24th, 2017; is it reliable or there is no eta yet as you mentioned?

About the books in German, is there any specific one you would recommend?

thanks again :-)

Great to hear that a book is coming. I find it difficult to follow video tutorials. When it's time to try what I've seen in the video I have already forgot what I just saw :$

I just got the Designer book and it seems very good. Although I think that a book in PDF format could be sufficient and easier for you to keep updated. 

Fairly soon (ideally in one or two weeks) I will be releasing a 90+ page freely downloadable book with photos to follow along with in pdf format which covers the 5 basic steps I consider essential to consider when tackling a new photo. It is the first chapters of a larger book I am writing which I suppose is the broad equivalent of my Solid Foundations course at Udemy. I will post on this forum when it is ready.

Cheers,

Simon Foster

9 minutes ago, drippy cat said:

Fairly soon (ideally in one or two weeks) I will be releasing a 90+ page freely downloadable book with photos to follow along with in pdf format which covers the 5 basic steps I consider essential to consider when tackling a new photo. It is the first chapters of a larger book I am writing which I suppose is the broad equivalent of my Solid Foundations course at Udemy. I will post on this forum when it is ready.

Cheers,

Simon Foster

Wow Simon, sounds great! I will certainly check out for that :)

On 8/15/2017 at 3:10 PM, ubbyliv said:

I just got the Designer book and it seems very good. Although I think that a book in PDF format could be sufficient and easier for you to keep updated. 

It's not a PDF, but there is also an online guide for both Designer and Photo here

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,  I purchased the workbook but it states the book assumes you have working knowledge of Affinity Designer and you have mastered the core skill.  Honestly if I mastered the software I wouldn’t have purchased the book.  I am new to affinity photo and designer and have a child who is interested in learning. Is there a book for absolute beginners, I would like to help my child master this skill.  The tutorials are good but he needs a basic understanding first, what resources are available?