You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.80

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed drag and drop of files into Application
  • Fixed crash on Windows 10 when opening a file from the recent menu
  • Fixed blown colours shown incorrectly after colour conversion
  • Fixed new Artistic Text from jiggling as it is dragged out
  • Changed text to always render at full quality when typing
  • Fixed Font popup font list and search to be case insensitive
  • Fixed Character Panel flashes when you first open it
  • Fixed black window border on some dialogs
  • Fixed Raster Brush Editing dialog showing a vertical scrollbar
  • Fixed floating panels don't stay attached when one is hidden
  • Fixed Halftone filter slider values to match macOS version
  • Fixed PDF export of embedded documents (thanks claycle)
  • Fixed PDF import of images with alpha channels of a differing size to the colour channels (thanks pixeldroid)
  • Fixed crash when adding a Global Colour from a recent swatch

Thanks to all the team members !

When first started the Artistic Text tool behave weird, and the Frame text tool freezes Photo. You have to clear everything by holding "Ctrl" while starting the app. These tools then work as expected. Same has to be done in Designer.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

thanks to the development team, for the new BETA :)
the picker in the curves-adjustment, still does not work properly.
Please, fix soon in the next Beta

see screenshot
screenshot.thumb.PNG.ea09599167b379f4abfa055ceb3b07dd.PNG

best regards

Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

I did update to the previous beta, but I scarcely used it.

I notice that the installers for this APh beta build and the new AD beta build are both about 12 MB smaller than previous builds. I wonder whether there has been some new optimization, or whether something has simply been left out!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Reporting an error

Captura de pantalla (36).png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dell Laptop G3 15.6" Core i5 10a. Gen. 16GB RAM, 1TB DD + 256 SSD, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 Ti, Windows 11

Thanks, guys, this beta works fine.

Minor thing: after closing the help, I get this error:

Clipboard01.jpg.7e7faca7fdbc257c4d5918213942326c.jpg

Edited by verysame

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

4 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Problems with layers/gradients not working on Enchance and Shadow/highlight tabs in Develop persona. I think it's not working since 2 betas before.

Shadows/Highlights in Develop working for me on CR2's. Maybe I am missing something?

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Its not possible on a german keyboard to type symbols with strg+alt, it seems that Affinity photo wants the user to use Alt Gr instead. Any chances this could get fixed?

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

I just noticed that I can't get the "Inpainting Brush Tool" to work if I use it in first place. I have to use the "Healing Brush Tool" an then reselect the "Inpainting Brush Tool" to make it work.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

16 hours ago, Dave Quail said:

Shadows/Highlights in Develop working for me on CR2's. Maybe I am missing something?

Try suing this on a layer in develop persona, first check how it works on global then try applying it locally.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff
4 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Try suing this on a layer in develop persona, first check how it works on global then try applying it locally.

I've also tried this using both a JPG entering into Develop Persona and also a RAW going directly into Develop Persona and both work correctly. I've used both Gradient and Brush Overlays trying with the Exposure Slider. Are you able to do a screen recording showing the issue?

57 minutes ago, Sean P said:

I've also tried this using both a JPG entering into Develop Persona and also a RAW going directly into Develop Persona and both work correctly. I've used both Gradient and Brush Overlays trying with the Exposure Slider. Are you able to do a screen recording showing the issue?

As I said before, this affects Shadows/Highlight.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

I have tried the same approache...Raw with Gradient Overlay and Brush Overlay and then Shadows/Highlights. Working fine for me.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Are there any plans to fix bug with histogram in develop persona in V 1.6 ?

This bug was already mentioned in few topics, for instance.

In this topic it is also mentioned that this bug is related to sensor type and that particularly affects fuji x-trans sensor.

If you can't repair this bug then please just remove every FujiFilm x camera from supported list because with this histogram error developing for x-trans sensor is unusable, since I think that nobody develop raw files without consulting histogram.

Also I was said to see that there isn't any advancement maid in regards to shadow recovery in develop persona. Lifting shadows still suffers form muddy look and over saturated colors.