You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pardon my ignorance and excuse me if this was asked before, I can't seem to find a good answer.

I'm trying to develop a poster that'll be 20in by 24in. I've created my document and set my dimensions. My final product's EPS file is massive, which I understand will happen.

Previously, I used Illustrator. I could resize the document and the items inside would scale appropriately. So then the resulting file would be smaller and easier to send to print. Right now if I resize the document, it just makes the document smaller and the current content sits in absolute positions wherever they were designed to be on a larger canvas.

Is it possible that I'm missing something and someone could point me in the correct direction?

Thanks a ton!

In Document Setup, on the right-hand side, roughly in the middle, there should be an "Objects will: Rescale Anchor" option. Make sure Rescale is depressed. Or you could just lower the DPI.

There have been issues with rescaling in previous App Store versions and betas, so you might want to download the current public beta and use it for this. It is also better at EPS export. Be aware that documents saved with the beta cannot be loaded into the current App Store version, but if you are just doing a final export you shouldn't need to save (and this beta is pretty stable anyway).