You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem loading multiple files

I came across this issue today while I was trying to finish doing some photo processing. I had processed a series of files using my workflow tool and had to do some perspective correction using APB. I selected 14 files using Finder and then right-clicked and told my Mac to open them in APB. APB opened, displayed a message saying it was loading 14 files and then just sat there. 20 minutes later it was still telling me it was loading the files, but nothing was actually loading. The Activity Monitor told me the app was getting time, but it was not doing anything visible. I killed the process and tried it with AP and that worked properly and I did the processing I needed in AP.

I then rebooted and again tried to load those same files into APB. Again APB opened and said it was loading 14 files. It then loaded 7 of them and the display changed to say it was loading 7 files (presumably the remaining 7), but then it just sat there. I killed the process and tried again, and this time it did not load any files. It told me it was doing so, but nothing happened.

This is new since the latest beta as I have done exactly the same sort of thing repeatedly with the previous beta without any issue. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Oh, by the way, when you try to close APB while it is "opening" those files you get the following message:

APB-ScreenShot.jpg

Not seeing this Mike, opened 14 x 96MB tiffs from finder, with AP running in 52.5 sec and when not running in 1m.06s, which then brings up the previous problem of closing windows.  None of the files were modified yet on closing windows or quitting AP 1.6.4 beta 4, insists on displaying the file modified dialogue box. Very tedious.

One lives in hope of a shortcut to close all windows .....

Well then, if it is not happening to you with Beta 4 then it must be something on my system. Still, it does not happen with AP itself, only with the beta.

I think I am going to make a screen video of this to show the developers what is happening on my system at least. Perhaps that will help. It is very discouraging as it requires that I reboot my system. It does not happen when I open one jpg that way, but it happens every single time I open the same 14 jpgs using Finder or just try to open the same 14 jpgs with the Open command. Perhaps I will also try to open 14 different jpgs and see if the problem repeats itself.

Thanks for the post.

I have captured what happens on my system when I try to open multiple files, either directly or through Finder. The dropbox link to the video is here

It is about 2 minutes long (I wanted to wait long enough that people would not suggest I did not wait long enough) and you can see the result of my attempt to close APB at about 1:30 into the video.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. I cannot load multiple JPEG files, it keeps saying it's loading but nothing happened. Affinity should fix this problem soon. I cannot work with this software. I want to drag and drop or just open multiple JPEGs or RAW files that I want to develop. I did the last update but nothing changed... So I force quit it. Please Affinity fix this problem ASAP.

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 1.07.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 1.17.15 PM.png

Hello earthshrine :-)

What do you see if in the top left corner you click on 'Affinity Photo' and then on 'About...'? 

What you describe should be fixed in "1.6.7. (Beta 1)". If you see "1.6.6", you are on the newest official version, but the fix will only happen with the next update.

(Sorry if this is obvious to you.)

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.