Vegdo

High CPU usage (unusable)

Hi for me got AP like unusable. I am using the latest Macbook Pro 2016. I get a CPU usage over 350% when just using the overlay brush in RAW edeting. 

I read in a post that it could be antivirus, i deleted my antivirus. Than i tried pressing ctrl while opening AP and reset all and i reinstalled the APP.

I am using a sony alpha 6300 with a resolution 6000x4000.

But i have these high CPU usage also while just using the Stamp tool or any other normal operation.

I would be very thankful for any help

Hey Vegdo,

High CPU usage isn't a bad thing. We aim to use as much of the CPU as is available however, not to the point where you're finding the machine grinding to a halt. It sounds like you may be suffering from a few known performance issues.

You might benefit from installing the recent beta - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/44825-affinity-photo-customer-beta-164-beta-4/

Could you give it a go and see how you get on? There is no need to uninstall the App Store version. 

Yeh i mean that i cant use the overlay brush or the eraser without laggs. Some times it is so slow that i have to wait like 2-3s.

I will download the beta when getting home. and give it a try