You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 hour ago, Fixx said:

Printing is done to exact dimensions.

Printing is always done to exact dimensions. How specifically does "Exhibition" or "Art" printing differ from any other kind of printing?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 hours ago, R C-R said:

Printing is always done to exact dimensions. How specifically does "Exhibition" or "Art" printing differ from any other kind of printing?

You already said you print "fit to page". That is not exact user defined dimensions.

1 hour ago, Fixx said:

You already said you print "fit to page". That is not exact user defined dimensions.

Please stop changing things up. "Fit to page" is printing to exact dimensions (that of the page), but it is not printing to user defined ones (other than set by the page size choice). If you want to print to exact user defined dimensions, you can do that by setting/changing the Canvas size & cropping or adjusting the image as needed to fit.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

19 hours ago, toltec said:

A dot and a pixel are never the same thing.

Not even on a monochrome computer screen? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just now, αℓƒяє∂ said:

No!

Well, maybe on an old cathode ray tube TV (remember them?)  when it's fading away.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

7 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

How about dot-matrix impact printers, particularly when paired with devices that can't drive any other kind of printer? (I was going to say that kind of printer was "old" until I noticed the "Contemporary Use" section of this related Wikipedia article.)

Affinity Photo 

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

Please stop changing things up.

I am not arguing here. Merely pointed out it is not possible to scale image to desired dimensions with Document Size command.

If you want to print to exact user defined dimensions, you can do that by setting/changing the Canvas size & cropping or adjusting the image as needed to fit.

True, this way it is possible to scale image without resampling to exact dimensions. Still, using Document Size command would be smoother

12 hours ago, Fixx said:

True, this way it is possible to scale image without resampling to exact dimensions. Still, using Document Size command would be smoother

Oops, I spoke too early. Of course this resamples image to document dpi when printing (or flattening).

• 7 months later...

Is there a solution by now?

My daily workflow is:

Crop (and sometimes rotate) 1 to 1 ratio face portrait out of an image that has any size and resize it to 100 x 100 pixel.
Paste a watermark layer, position the watermark at the right lower edge of the image and export the result to a *.jpg file.

In Photoshop crop to a 1:1 ratio and resize the result to 100x100 pixel was a crop tool preset I made myself.

Up to now this is the only function I miss badly after coming from Photoshop. It's amazing what I could do with Affinity Photo but I am frustrated that such a simple task is not possible.

I am not experienced with macros. Would that perhaps be a workaround?

Edited by Talkrabb
aded watermark positioning

Current beta can crop to specified pixel dimensions. UI is not optimal as you cannot just drag a crop rectangle but have to adjust rectangle which appears filling maximum area of the photo. It does the job though.

• 2 months later...