You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Workbook Feedback

Hi,

I recently bought the Affinity Designer Workbook and have really been enjoying the practical examples and working my way through it. Just a minor error that I'm not sure has been reported or not (I don't have Facebook or Twitter to contact directly so posting on here) but I noticed a formatting error on page 109 - half of the words at the start of each line seems to be cut off a bit. I included a screenshot below.

I have to say that the book is excellent so far, I've always found most design software to be quite intimidating and time consuming to learn but the workbook is getting me to grips with the software really quick and it's been surprisingly intuitive to use. If I notice anything else as I work through the book, I'll use this thread to continue posting.

IMG_4166.JPG

I ordered this, they've charged my card and no one will send me any info as to whether it's even been shipped. It's always difficult to get answers from anyone. I wish their customer service was better. If I don't get an answer, I guess I'll have to contact my credit card company.

Does anyone know if they bother to send out tracking info or if they inform a customer as to whether it's been sent or when to expect it?

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, BSure said:

I ordered this, they've charged my card and no one will send me any info as to whether it's even been shipped. It's always difficult to get answers from anyone. I wish their customer service was better. If I don't get an answer, I guess I'll have to contact my credit card company.

Does anyone know if they bother to send out tracking info or if they inform a customer as to whether it's been sent or when to expect it?

Thank you.

Hey,

When I ordered the workbook, I got an order confirmation email shortly after placing my order. The next day, I got an email confirming they had dispatched the order and received it following day after that. There was no parcel tracking as far as I could tell.

I was surprised to receive it so quick actually but I would say be patient. I think when I placed the order, delivery was estimated between 5 - 7 days so if it takes longer, I would try contacting their Facebook or Twitter directly but if its only been a day or two then its still well within their estimated delivery timescale.

Hope you receive it soon! It's well worth the wait.

Cheers,

Tj

Edit:

I took this snippet from their help and support page (https://affinity.store/en-gb/help/) if its any help:

How do I check my order status?

You will be sent an email as soon as your order is dispatched. You can also receive your order status by emailing affinityorders@serif.com. Please remember to include your name and order number in your request. We will provide a prompt update during business hours (9.00am-5.00pm Mon-Fri, GMT).

Edited by likeshampoo
Providing extra information that may be helpful

• 3 months later...

I've received my copy of the workbook within 3 working days, delivered by Amazon! Well done Serif.

I can confirm my copy also has the misprinting on page 109 reported by likeshampoo.

I would like to draw attention to the links shown on page 11:

• the link to the forums is incorrect: the book states affinity.serif.com/forums but that doesn't resolve to the correct url,  forum.affinity.serif.com
  • the link to Facebook is incorrect: the book states @MacAffinity but you should search for @affinitybyserif within FB to get to https://www.facebook.com/affinitybyserif/
  • the link to Twitter is incorrect: the book states @MacAffinity but that takes you to the old twitter page. The correct handle is @affinitybyserif , in line with the FB page.
  • the link to Vimeo is also incorrect: the book states  vimeo.com/macaffinity  but the correct address is vimeo.com/affinitybyserif

I was a little confused by the publishing info on the page before the Foreword. it states 

This book has been created for Affinity Designer 1.5 and above for both Mac and Windows versions

but , at the very bottom of the page it says it is

Edition 1.0 (reprint)

If it were actually a reprint of Edition 1.0 then I would not expect any updated info regarding the extensive changes since Affinity Designer 1.0 but , as it also states that the book has been created for AD 1.5, then I would expect it to reflect the changes made up until then.

There is no mention in the Foreword of any changes.

Has this version been updated or is it simply a reprint of the original book?

Apart from that, the book is beautiful and very, very useful. Essential, in fact.

Edition 1.0 is Workbook version, not Designer version.

And reprint means, there have been no changes, only reprinting other books.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.