You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting to different folders

Hi, I am currently working on an app design project, and I love the export persona when it comes to exporting all the icons used in the app in different sizes. But Just realized that I can export the different sizes in their correct folder, just by adding the folder name and "/" in the export. This is something I have not found or been told anywhere else. So I thought you guys might like it as well. 

In my case, there are 60 icons that are going to be exported in 5 different sizes, so this was a real time saver.

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.26.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.27.00.png

The Bearded Bird

Tor Vegard

Graphic design • UI / UX • Branding • Logo Design 

On 8/14/2017 at 3:34 AM, The Bearded Bird said:

Hi, I am currently working on an app design project, and I love the export persona when it comes to exporting all the icons used in the app in different sizes. But Just realized that I can export the different sizes in their correct folder, just by adding the folder name and "/" in the export. This is something I have not found or been told anywhere else. So I thought you guys might like it as well. 

Hi, Tor. I was going to "Like" your post but ran into a forum condition I did not know about: A member is limited to only 10 Likes per day and, apparently, I'm over-Liking today! So, I'm Replying to tell you Thanks for sharing your tip! xD

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

14 hours ago, jer said:

Hi, Tor. I was going to "Like" your post but ran into a forum condition I did not know about: A member is limited to only 10 Likes per day and, apparently, I'm over-Liking today! So, I'm Replying to tell you Thanks for sharing your tip! xD

Haha, thanks for the like/comment :)

The Bearded Bird

Tor Vegard

Graphic design • UI / UX • Branding • Logo Design 

• 5 weeks later...

This works on the mac without issue, but windows does not like the /slash and remove it. has anyone else run into this on a PC? HAs anyone found a work around for this?

• 4 years later...
On 9/15/2017 at 5:22 AM, ronniemcbride said:

This works on the mac without issue, but windows does not like the /slash and remove it. has anyone else run into this on a PC? HAs anyone found a work around for this?

I know I'm late to the party, but in windows you need to use a backslash "\"

• 3 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, Ultraaa said:

I know I'm late to the party, but in windows you need to use a backslash "\"

Probably they changed it lately as it doesn't matter if you enter a slash or a backslash here. Affinity Designer automatically corrects it on Windows to a backslash when clicking 'Done'. So you can just enter slashes or backslashes or a combination of both and they all will be converted to backslashes on a 'OK'. Which is pretty sweet! 😀

• 2 months later...

I had file names "shine tecs Hinnasto juliste (koossa 1/3, norm 700x1000mm)" and was wondering why the hell AD puts my files into folders. Now I understood it is because of the slash. So I changed my names to "shine tecs Hinnasto juliste (koossa , norm 700x1000mm)". Problem solved. Thank you for this post!