Jump to content
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Exporting to different folders


Recommended Posts

Hi, I am currently working on an app design project, and I love the export persona when it comes to exporting all the icons used in the app in different sizes. But Just realized that I can export the different sizes in their correct folder, just by adding the folder name and "/" in the export. This is something I have not found or been told anywhere else. So I thought you guys might like it as well. 

In my case, there are 60 icons that are going to be exported in 5 different sizes, so this was a real time saver.
 

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.26.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.27.00.png

The Bearded Bird

Tor Vegard

Graphic design • UI / UX • Branding • Logo Design 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2017 at 3:34 AM, The Bearded Bird said:

Hi, I am currently working on an app design project, and I love the export persona when it comes to exporting all the icons used in the app in different sizes. But Just realized that I can export the different sizes in their correct folder, just by adding the folder name and "/" in the export. This is something I have not found or been told anywhere else. So I thought you guys might like it as well. 

Hi, Tor. I was going to "Like" your post but ran into a forum condition I did not know about: A member is limited to only 10 Likes per day and, apparently, I'm over-Liking today! So, I'm Replying to tell you Thanks for sharing your tip! xD

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jer said:

Hi, Tor. I was going to "Like" your post but ran into a forum condition I did not know about: A member is limited to only 10 Likes per day and, apparently, I'm over-Liking today! So, I'm Replying to tell you Thanks for sharing your tip! xD

Haha, thanks for the like/comment :)

 

The Bearded Bird

Tor Vegard

Graphic design • UI / UX • Branding • Logo Design 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

This works on the mac without issue, but windows does not like the /slash and remove it. has anyone else run into this on a PC? HAs anyone found a work around for this?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...
On 9/15/2017 at 5:22 AM, ronniemcbride said:

This works on the mac without issue, but windows does not like the /slash and remove it. has anyone else run into this on a PC? HAs anyone found a work around for this?

 

I know I'm late to the party, but in windows you need to use a backslash "\"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, Ultraaa said:

I know I'm late to the party, but in windows you need to use a backslash "\"

Probably they changed it lately as it doesn't matter if you enter a slash or a backslash here. Affinity Designer automatically corrects it on Windows to a backslash when clicking 'Done'. So you can just enter slashes or backslashes or a combination of both and they all will be converted to backslashes on a 'OK'. Which is pretty sweet! 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I had file names "shine tecs Hinnasto juliste (koossa 1/3, norm 700x1000mm)" and was wondering why the hell AD puts my files into folders. Now I understood it is because of the slash. So I changed my names to "shine tecs Hinnasto juliste (koossa , norm 700x1000mm)". Problem solved. Thank you for this post!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.