You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font differences between iPad and Mac

I created a document with the Scheme and Bebas Neue font on the iPad. When I tried to open that document on my desktop to do some tweaks using the beta version of Affinity Photo, those fonts are not available in the desktop version of Affinity Photo (both app store version and beta version). Looking at the Apple support document https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206872, it looks to me like they should have been included in the software itself.

Not having the same font set between the iPad and desktop version of Affinity Photo makes handoff impossible between the two platforms. Am I missing something? Is there a workaround or is this a norm? Bebas Neue is a free font that can be downloaded but Scheme is not. 

• Staff

Hi Boon Shin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity apps don't include any fonts in a any version. They use (like most apps) the fonts installed on your computer that come with macOS itself or were installed by third party apps or by you manually (we also don't support embedded fonts at this point). So to see and edit the document properly on you desktop you have to download (or acquire them) and install on your computer. Here's instructions on how to install fonts on you Mac.