You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Restore files on iPad

I've just lost 3h of my work because somehow magically affinity photo for ipad didn't save my work.

What a peace of shit. For such a thing you should return my money.

How I can magically restore the file?

12 minutes ago, Likon said:

How I can magically restore the file?

Just reopen the file from the last time you saved it.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Did you manually save the file in the 3 hours you were working on it?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Did you use the "Save a Copy" option at any time?

Just now, Likon said:

Of course I did not... why would I?

OK, Bye, Good Luck...

I've got a dog that needs a walk

• 2 weeks later...

You're using the beta? And you didn't manually save or anything?

This app has some bugs still so you've really got to be a little careful. When you back out to the library it saves the file, I always do this shortly after I've started working to make sure it actually starts the initial save because I've found that the autosave doesn't seem to kick in until I do this. I think this may be a glitch. If you're working on something for so long you should really go back to the library every once in a while to make sure it saves as well. 

This is still a very new app and it's not some simple little widget, it's a full fledged photo editor; there are going to be some bugs for a while. 

• Staff

Hey Likon,

I'm really sorry you've lost your work. The app by default has a 300 second save interval so it should have restored your work, however you should not solely rely on this (as with any app). This is why we implemented the 'Save as Copy' feature so you can save it to the cloud. 

For the most part, the autosave generally works very well but I cannot tell you why this has happened. We have had it occasionally but it is rare. To put it into perspective, I will use the app on an iPad on and off for 8 hours a day and it has happened to me perhaps twice in months. I regularly make copies of the file on the cloud or as dinoburner has said, occasionally go back to the Home screen.

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.