You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash When Opening PDF File

Good morning all:)
So, I’ve managed to constantly crash Designer beta6 this morning when attempting to open a PDF file.
The current MAS version of Designer handles the same file perfectly.

If someone from affinity can provide an upload link I can send you a crash report & the file.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

I tried as well and I get different behavior, and yes there is an issue here.  With infographics, simpler images that I've saved as PDF (for InDesign), open up in AD B6 without any issue.  I've tried a few of them.

However, if I try to open a PDF document (a "normal" PDF page of text and images) then I get a message that the "file failed to open...file does not exit."  It does open in the MAS version and I can edit there without any issue, but not at all in Beta 6.  Still I couldn't get it the beta to crash.  

Update:  I rebooted my MacBook and now the PDF page opens - however I can't save any changes.  It tells me "permission denied... can't save a file in that location."  I tried several file locations.  I rebooted again thinking that permissions need to be reset.  But the problem persists - I can't save a PDF to a new file from an opened PDF.  This doesn't happen with SVGs or non-PDF documents exported to PDF.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.