You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Design vs Draw Plus?

Does  Draw Plus have similar multiple blending modes and 16 bit support?  I want paired vector soft for Windows  but not sure Design is what I need since it's lacking "feather" option and If I am not wrong it was in Draw plus.  Can I still download Draw plus trial version or something?

21 minutes ago, kirk23 said:

Does  Draw Plus have similar multiple blending modes and 16 bit support?  I want paired vector soft for Windows  but not sure Design is what I need since it's lacking "feather" option and If I am not wrong it was in Draw plus.  Can I still download Draw plus trial version or something?

I'm pretty sure DrawPlus Starter Edition is no longer available, but you can still purchase DrawPlus X8 (the last version) for £20/$25. There's a 14-day money-back guarantee on the download version (and a 30-day MBG on the DVD version if you can get it, but you'd have to contact Serif's customer service department about that).

DrawPlus X8 Help: Key features

DrawPlus X8 Help: understanding blend modes

DrawPlus does indeed include a "feather" option among its filter effects.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred.   Does it work with and able to export  16 bit  images?   Or perhaps I could compose the document in Draw plus using feather with bitmap objects and then open it in Affinity Design,  then replace with original 16 bit source keeping all the transforms intact  to be then  saved  as 16 bit image?  Does Design read Draw plus files with full editability?    

Sorry, Kirk: I meant to check on the 16-bit thing earlier but I forgot! I've just tried it now, and I'm only getting 8 bits per pixel when I export to JPEG, PNG or TIFF.

Affinity Designer cannot read DrawPlus native files, so your only option would be to publish as PDF or export to a standard image file format.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)