You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta v1.6.0.79 Cannot Create Panorama

Hi,

Although a busy and difficult Panorama neither the production or beta version can stitch it but other products will. Note that they are 5DsR images so if you want them you will need to provide a space for upload as they are 80.2MB and 88.8MB. (Note that the production version v.1.5.2.69 cannot create the panorama either)

The other issue we face is that the Panorama isn't created in the default Color profile but the color profile of the source. In the case of RAW files this is irrelevant as it is only used by the camera to generate previews so it should default to the default RGB Color Profile as defined in the preferences.

CannotStitch.jpg

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

That's a really strange result from a two frame stitch! Looks like it should have been a three frame vertical though to get enough points?

I've been doing a lot of panos recently never had such distortion on the edges

What lens?

What happens if you run the case through a different raw editor first and stitch Tiff's?

Good point about the colour profile. Haven't come across that issue as I don't edit from raw in AP so correct profile is already embedded in Tiff's.

Regards

In hindsight Lightroom cannot do it but PS, Hugin and another can do it. I did run it through a RAW processor and tried to stitch the JPEGS but it made no difference.

The lens was a 24-70 f/4 at 24mm so i guess it was doing a spherical merge.

It was a difficult merge because of the trees as you can see in the CS6 merge.

It's no big deal as Hugin does a better job than all.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Ah ok, It was just a thought that the issue might actually have been with the RAW lens profile in AP throwing the pano stitch off. Never used Hugin just PTGui which is pretty good but I'm finding AP functionality surprisingly good that it's my go to option now. Maybe I'm just lucky that AP is fitting my pano 'style' :)

Regards

4 hours ago, harrym said:

Ah ok, It was just a thought that the issue might actually have been with the RAW lens profile in AP throwing the pano stitch off. Never used Hugin just PTGui which is pretty good but I'm finding AP functionality surprisingly good that it's my go to option now. Maybe I'm just lucky that AP is fitting my pano 'style' :)

Regards

You're right insofar as AP is surprisingly good and it is certainly my goto app, just threw me with this set :)

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• Staff
On 8/12/2017 at 7:42 AM, AiDon said:

Hi,

Although a busy and difficult Panorama neither the production or beta version can stitch it but other products will. Note that they are 5DsR images so if you want them you will need to provide a space for upload as they are 80.2MB and 88.8MB. (Note that the production version v.1.5.2.69 cannot create the panorama either)

Would you be able to upload them here so we can take a look and see if it can be improved.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/oiFL9Jr299Vo8K7KKlRS

Thanks

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Would you be able to upload them here so we can take a look and see if it can be improved.

Hi,

No problem I have uploaded the JPEGS but if you need the RAW files let me know. (JPEGS are only 50MB total)

Don.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• Staff
23 minutes ago, AiDon said:

Hi,

No problem I have uploaded the JPEGS but if you need the RAW files let me know. (JPEGS are only 50MB total)

Don.

This seems to work for me using the JPEGs. Would you be able to upload the RAW files please?

New Panorama.png

Unusual, today the JPEGs work but the RAWs still don't on both the production and Beta.

The RAWs have been uploaded now ... my apologies I should have checked again.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.