You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect Copy - Paste

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Whilst this is a still and issue in the app you can work around this by using the duplicate command instead of copy and paste

For Copy and Paste, duplicate copies the whole layer, so that is not what i need

I need Cut and Paste, and then duplicate brings nothing

I have already noticed this in post Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.76

In Version 1.5.2.69 everything works correct

1 hour ago, mia Taugts said:

For Copy and Paste, duplicate copies the whole layer, so that is not what i need

I need Cut and Paste, and then duplicate brings nothing

When you either 'Copy and Paste' or 'Duplicate' from an image layer (indicated by the word 'Image' in parentheses in the Layers panel) any selection you have made will be ignored and the whole layer will be copied/duplicated. If you have rasterized the layer to turn it into a pixel layer (indicated by the word 'Pixel' in parentheses in the Layers panel) only the selected pixels will be copied/duplicated.

If you need 'Cut and Paste' rather than 'Copy and Paste', you will obviously need to perform the 'Cut' operation as a separate step after duplicating the selected region.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

38 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If you need 'Cut and Paste' rather than 'Copy and Paste', you will obviously need to perform the 'Cut' operation as a separate step after duplicating the selected region.

Yes, of course that would be a possibility
If that would be the final solution, would lead me to the statement "Why simple when you can make it complicated?"
Worse is that it has already worked smoothly in version  1.5.2.69 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.