You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannon A.D.

Pixel Mush

Two things 1) I know the chain looks out of place. 2) I also know the shadow from the barrel is not correct. I was a little tipsy last night when I  was finishing up just slapped the shadow on lol.

I will be fixing the mentioned problems, but just figured I would throw what I had here for now. Also a few parts of the shading need to be smoothed out. But for now this is what it is :)

IMG_0515.JPG

+1 on the great start! I think you'll be able to spend a few more hours/months on all those shadows. :)

Your textures are all really good (especially the cannon) and the hi-lights and shadows will improve with your adjustments. For example, maybe a little more highlight on the bore similar to what you did on the left end knob of the cannon. The shadow of your cannon on the wooden platform is wonderful.

" 2) I also know the shadow from the barrel is not correct. "

As you adjust the ground shadow of the bore of the cannon, be aware that the bore is higher off the ground due to the elevated end of the platform. That means the ground shadow will need adjustment (as opposed to simple softening) to carry that realism (vs the shadow the platform shows on the ground). This will correct the current slight impression that the bore sags downward as it extends beyond the platform.

FYI, this all falls under the category of "easy for me to say," right? I can observe and comment but I'm not coming from the position of being a good artist. So feel free to disregard any and all of the above.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

7 hours ago, jer said:

+1 on the great start! I think you'll be able to spend a few more hours/months on all those shadows. :)

Your textures are all really good (especially the cannon) and the hi-lights and shadows will improve with your adjustments. For example, maybe a little more highlight on the bore similar to what you did on the left end knob of the cannon. The shadow of your cannon on the wooden platform is wonderful.

" 2) I also know the shadow from the barrel is not correct. "

As you adjust the ground shadow of the bore of the cannon, be aware that the bore is higher off the ground due to the elevated end of the platform. That means the ground shadow will need adjustment (as opposed to simple softening) to carry that realism (vs the shadow the platform shows on the ground). This will correct the current slight impression that the bore sags downward as it extends beyond the platform.

FYI, this all falls under the category of "easy for me to say," right? I can observe and comment but I'm not coming from the position of being a good artist. So feel free to disregard any and all of the above.

Here is an updated shadow. This art is actually for a video game. I know I could probably spend hours upon hours perfecting it further but I have deadlines and due dates for my contract work (and hundreds of more assets to create) so that's not really an option for me. I also changed the side chain to a bolted loop in which a chain would and/or will be attached. I certainly appreciate the input though :)

If you're interested in checking out the early beta you can do so here; https://discord.gg/g2NNw4N

cheers.

IMG_0520.JPG