Sergi

[Cannot Reproduce] Very bad working while battery is charging

Yesterday I noticed that when battery is charging, Affinity Photo works very very bad, I have crashes very often, very long waiting time for save a file, including crashing while it was saving, I had a corrupted file once (I noticed that was corrupted because I didn't can open it and instead open the project the software turned to a black screen and close) and even once I had to do a forced reboot of iOS.

For work better I had to cut the images for working them by parts and export very often for opened them again with a clean History. And even in this way, it crashed very very often. I know that when iPad is charging it doesn't work very well, but that low performance is exaggerated in Affinity Photo.

I was working in a 2015 iPad Pro 12.9", with an image of 6000x4000, but even with 3000x2000 I had some problems too. Now that I'm not charging the iPad, the software works relatively well, just crashed twice when I was using the inpainting brush, but no more, no big problems and corrupted files.

Regards!

Sergi

I must add in that night I had the same trouble that other users are reporting: the alert of low space storage. And I noticed that with few photos the GBs of Affinity Photo increased a lot, for that reason I had to erase my current projects of that moment and focused only in one image that I had to cut and edit by parts, with constant exporting for reimport them like .psd without History.

The only difference i know of is that iOS executes some cpu-intensive background tasks only when a charger is connected.

One of them is the local face recognition and categorizing of photos. This is a cpu and memory burner for shure.

In past times I heard of a known error that this sometimes didn‘t come to an end due to a corrupted photo.

Another is listening for „hey Siri“ on your 2015 iPad is only working when a charger is connected. But it should not use so much ressources afaik.

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

eagerly awaiting AD for iPad :-)I