You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.79

Hi Mark,

I can confirm this behaviour with RW2-files, .jpg and .afphoto-files. The same files opened fine in Beta 76.

6 hours ago, Dave Quail said:

Hi Mark,

I have tried opening both .afphoto and .jpeg files in Beta 79, and this is the crash I get each time:

affinity beta 79 cannot open any files.JPG

I enclose the beta-log from appdata\roaming\affinity\photo\1.0 (Beta)

Log.txt

I think I have found a workaround related to this issue: If I open a file from the "recent files used" (I don't know the exact english wording since I use the german version) the app crashes. If I open the exact same file from the regular file open dialog, it works...

Another issue: clicking on any adjustment (like e.g. white balance, tone separation, etc.) does not bring up the necessary control elements.

Beta 79 has taken over my settings in which I defined that the last used files are to be opened upon app start. which leads to the situation the app crashes upon each start. Therefore I cannot test any further.

Hello,

today the beta version 1.6.0.79 installed. The software opens more slowly than before and the opening of an NEF file (6000x4000px) takes about 60 seconds ....
The promised improvement is not there (even a deterioration).

Windows 10 Pro.

Greetings

On 17/7/2017 at 2:12 PM, MBd said:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/how-a-bold-move-paid-off-with-apple-prize-for-notts-made-app/story-29553229-detail/story.html

here is some data

based on which I'd say about 500 000 Mac users, maybe some more.

22 hours ago, Dave Quail said:

Hi Mark,

I have tried opening both .afphoto and .jpeg files in Beta 79, and this is the crash I get each time:

affinity beta 79 cannot open any files.JPG

Same issue. But only when I open files from recents. If I open a new file it does not happen.

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

• Staff
17 hours ago, informatikus said:

Hi Mark,

I can confirm this behaviour with RW2-files, .jpg and .afphoto-files. The same files opened fine in Beta 76.

I enclose the beta-log from appdata\roaming\affinity\photo\1.0 (Beta)

Log.txt

I think I have found a workaround related to this issue: If I open a file from the "recent files used" (I don't know the exact english wording since I use the german version) the app crashes. If I open the exact same file from the regular file open dialog, it works...

Another issue: clicking on any adjustment (like e.g. white balance, tone separation, etc.) does not bring up the necessary control elements.

Beta 79 has taken over my settings in which I defined that the last used files are to be opened upon app start. which leads to the situation the app crashes upon each start. Therefore I cannot test any further.

Holding Ctrl when launching the app will allow you to reset your settings which will allow you to load the app up.

My vacation series of photos, or any other raw photos from this camera, are not able to process / develop in latest beta of Affinity Photo (and has not been in any other version before). The heavy lens distortion and vignette are hard to correct manually in AP. My camera is Canon Powershot G7X Mark II. I use Windows 10.

Still, I can open my photos in CameraBag Photo and make everything ready there and later import the photos into AP for som editing if I need. I can also use my Android tablet by converting my CR2 files to DNG and make the RAW development in Snapseed :) ... 

Not being able  to use AP for my raw-shooting is no good. 

IMG_1807.jpg

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Holding Ctrl when launching the app will allow you to reset your settings which will allow you to load the app up.

Thanks, it worked.

Next issues:

a) Slow screen updates after applying "Develop" in develop persona. Maybe due to debugging code in beta version?

b) Tone Mapping Persona: when using JPG images in portrait format, the previews on the left are rotated 90 degrees clockwise. However, RW2 in portrait format are NOT rotated.
JPGs and RW2s in landscape format are ok.

So much for the moment :-)

Thanks for your great work and dedication.

I tried to print and result a white page.

Search for fonts by name, first part of font name, middle part of font name not working as aspected, to select a font i have to seek it manually (i have 1200 fonts installed....)

Thanks in advance

21 hours ago, Neubiberg said:
Hello,

today the beta version 1.6.0.79 installed. The software opens more slowly than before and the opening of an NEF file (6000x4000px) takes about 60 seconds ....
The promised improvement is not there (even a deterioration).

Windows 10 Pro.

Greetings

Same here,

Unfortunately, this beta is a regression. It takes forever (something from 2 to 3 minutes or so) to launch and same as Neubiberg, a lot to load RAW files (in my case, Fuji RAF).

P.S. The installer should have warned me: it took a lot to complete the setup, first time with the Affinity's installers.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

• Staff
12 hours ago, insane said:

I tried to print and result a white page.

Search for fonts by name, first part of font name, middle part of font name not working as aspected, to select a font i have to seek it manually (i have 1200 fonts installed....)

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately the search is currently case sensitive, so ensure you start searching with a capital letter. This has been fixed by development and will be in the next beta build.