You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.0.79

19 hours ago, dkibui said:

My font and shape renders are pixilated, they look terrible.  Also, with the shape selected as shown in this attachment, the colour wheel is not picking the correct colour. My shape is yellow while the picker has selected a green colour.

Please investigate and hopefully correct

What OS version are you using? If Windows 8 or later, what is your Display Scale?

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Here is a .WMV clip.

Petar-10-08-2017-11-06-47.wmv

You've imported your Palette as an Application Palette. Application Palettes do not support the use of Global Colours. However the issue here is that when they're imported as an Application Palette they should be converted to regular non-Global colours. I'll get this reported to development as this is how the Mac behaves.

With regards to the second issue, is it still a problem when you import the Palette as a Document Palette?

Yes, I imported as an Application Palette because I wanted all global colors to be active in any new document. But, why it works in Colors palette and not in Swatches palette. Also, as you can see in the beggining of the video the "Make Global" option is grayed out when I want to convert standard color to global.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Yes, I imported as an Application Palette because I wanted all global colors to be active in any new document. But, why it works in Colors palette and not in Swatches palette. Also, as you can see in the beggining of the video the "Make Global" option is grayed out when I want to convert standard color to global.

As I said before Application Palettes should not by design support Global Colours. It is currently a bug that they are appearing when imported. It is for this reason that it is greyed out for you.

The problem with Global Colours is that if you had several documents that all use the same global colour and then you changed that global colour in the application palette it would break the link between you're closed documents. It is just not a good idea and will cause more hassle to users, so we don't allow it.

10 minutes ago, Sean P said:

The problem with Global Colours is that if you had several documents that all use the same global colour and then you changed that global colour in the application palette it would break the link between you're closed documents. It is just not a good idea and will cause more hassle to users, so we don't allow it.

Maybe it is better idea global colors at application level not to be linked with all the documents that contain the same global color palette, but only to import these global colors to any new document. For example, QuarkXPress allows defining paragraph and style sheets on application level, but they are just imported in any new document and do not change the same style sheets in the other documents with same style names.

14 minutes ago, Sean P said:

As I said before Application Palettes should not by design support Global Colours. It is currently a bug that they are appearing when imported. It is for this reason that it is greyed out for you.

It is grayed out when I want to convert standard color to global which is the purpose of "Make Global" option, as I suppose.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

I'm a tester not too long, from 16.0.75 and that's the most unstable version so far. It goes away in a moment, without a warning. Nothing changed on my side (maybe some drivers). My files are not very heavy or complicated, so I think it's not on my side. About five crashes so far. I attached a file - maybe something with symbols?

quite_crashy_file_16_0_79.afdesign

Greetings affinity team, it really is a real surprise this new beta, actualemten I'm doing a job and without problems I hope they follow this great program XD,
At first notice the affinity program a bit slow, just delete the beta folder of the appdata and everything works great

Captura de pantalla (30).png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dell Laptop G3 15.6" Core i5 10a. Gen. 16GB RAM, 1TB DD + 256 SSD, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 Ti, Windows 11

11 hours ago, Sean P said:

Thanks! There are is currently an issue with colour profiles that are affecting a lot of users which is what you're running into. It is with development to fix.

Excellent.

Though for the record, I'm experiencing the issue as well. I've tried cycling through color profiles, then restarting, but the problem persists.

Sorry to bother you but there's something wrong with the newest beta. Even closing the welcome screen leads to crashing. No Crash Report though...

EDIT: I found out that even one single click anywhere causes AD to crash. I even uninstalled it completely and deleted the AppData folder with no avail. I'm running Windows 10 Build 10240 on a Mac Mini Late 2012 (HD 4000). I updated the graphics drivers too. 

Unbenannt.PNG

Nope, " %APPDATA%\Roaming\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports" is empty. I will continue to work with it, most of the time loss is matter of a minutes, and it restores files fine. But I do backup files once in a while ;). System is windows 10 with all updates, polish version. Rig is very casual - i5, nvidia card, 8 GB. In my case I don't see any windows message, Designer just quits.

14 minutes ago, AdamRatai said:

Nope, " %APPDATA%\Roaming\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports" is empty. I will continue to work with it, most of the time loss is matter of a minutes, and it restores files fine. But I do backup files once in a while ;). System is windows 10 with all updates, polish version. Rig is very casual - i5, nvidia card, 8 GB. In my case I don't see any windows message, Designer just quits.

What kind of things were you doing to the document when you noticed the crashes? I have it open here and I'm trying to reproduce it.

I see no pattern here. But it do it after some drag and move, click on object. It may be something on my side, but it is very clean work computer, and nothing changed from some time. If I see something reproductable, I will post it for sure.  Except this new behaviour, I find new Beta nice and fast and I continue to work on it.

Vector brush performance while drawing with "Rope - Thick" and "Chain" presets is horrible. Not that they are critical brushes but ...

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

I guess I have found problems with Compound Shapes (Compound layer).

I have just installed AD 1.6.0.79, and loaded a template file I have made for my comics and been using it since the official release, 1.5. I haven't had this problem in AD 1.6.0.76.

The compoud shape, made of multiple rectangles, loaded partly as expected and in other areas not, rendering the stroke where it wasn't supposed to.

I have tried to recreate the template from scratch, as it is not that hard; with 6 rectangles all went well, but when I tried with 12 I faced the same problem - I tried to export as bitmap and it was also misrendered.

My system specs: Affinity Designer build 1.6.0.79 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 Build 15063.540  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit

template loaded.jpg

template from scratch.jpg

Federico de Aquino

Affinity Designer build 1.5.0.36 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393.479  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit - Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 (driver 5.3.5-3)

• Staff
5 hours ago, federix said:

I guess I have found problems with Compound Shapes (Compound layer).

I have just installed AD 1.6.0.79, and loaded a template file I have made for my comics and been using it since the official release, 1.5. I haven't had this problem in AD 1.6.0.76.

The compoud shape, made of multiple rectangles, loaded partly as expected and in other areas not, rendering the stroke where it wasn't supposed to.

I have tried to recreate the template from scratch, as it is not that hard; with 6 rectangles all went well, but when I tried with 12 I faced the same problem - I tried to export as bitmap and it was also misrendered.

My system specs: Affinity Designer build 1.6.0.79 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 Build 15063.540  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit

Hi federix,

Would you be able to upload the AFDesign file you are using please, so we can take a look?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi federix,

Would you be able to upload the AFDesign file you are using please, so we can take a look?

Thanks

Sure, Sean,

Here it is.

Marino_01_modelodepaginadupla_600dpi_frames-guides.afdesign

Federico de Aquino

Affinity Designer build 1.5.0.36 on Windows 10 Pro Build 14393.479  - Intel Core i3-2330M 2.20GHz CPU -  4,00 GB RAM - 64-bit - Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 (driver 5.3.5-3)

Hello,

This error occurs when I double-click to open an affinity file

error1.PNG

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dell Laptop G3 15.6" Core i5 10a. Gen. 16GB RAM, 1TB DD + 256 SSD, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 Ti, Windows 11

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file! Just opened this in a slightly newer beta and it looks fixed too me - see below (newer beta on the right, older 79 build on the left). So you should see it fixed in the next beta :)

Affinity Designer.png

Great news, Sean :)! Thanks!

Federico de Aquino