Egor Komarov

How copy and paste adjustments layers in Affinity Designer?

I don't know of a quick way, so I duplicate each adjustment individually by clicking its thumbnail then pressing Cmd-J to duplicate and then dragging the duplicate onto the target layer's thumbnail. If copying to another document, I'd need to use Cmd-C and Cmd-V instead of Cmd-J.

Is there a faster way to copy adjustment layers? Unfortunately I can not select multiple adjustment to copy them. Grouping and adding the adjustments on top makes no sense here,  because I like to copy and then tweak them. 

image.png.ed6f6a475b14104e9a8155c846d88bbb.png

Kind of the same question:

In PS it's not perfect but possible to copy adjustments. But you have to re-clip them to the new layer.

image.png.43a6ff8b00c93a05b15759dc136f3ba2.png

Please tell me that AP is better in this simple task and I'm just missing something here. 

Cheers 

PS: I'm using Affinity Photo but I guess Photo and Designer share the same concept.

I hate to bring up a competing product's elegant solutions to these issues, but perhaps these can serve as inspiration how to improve how the layer stack works in Affinity. In PhotoLine this is solved as follows:

1) adjustment layers can be grouped together in one "super" adjustment layer, allowing for simple adjustment layer management, and the option to access all adjustment layer parameters simultaneously

2) adjustment layers can be grouped and duplicated as a group

3) adjustment layers, groups of adjustment layers, and the "super" adjustment layers can be cloned or instanced, and recycled. A change to the original adjustment layers cascades throughout the clones. Which really saves a lot of time and effort.

4) adjustment layers act and behave exactly like regular layers, making it very easy to manage and handle them. They can be moved with ease on top of a layer, or parented. Or even parented to other adjustment layers, affecting adjustments with other adjustments, ad infinitum.

It is by far the most elegant adjustment layer implementation that I have seen so far in any image editor (outside nodal compositors), and it would be great if the Affinity devs take one or two cues from that app.

If it's an image and not a pixel layer you can group adjustment layers and duplicate/drag it to another image or even a pixel layer.

You could also duplicate the starting image and use the replace image option.

Or you could ctrl+click the adjustment layer(s) and select them one by one and drag them into the other image or pixel layer.

**note** this works only with image layers to start with and not after rasterizing it to a pixel layer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / APh / ADe / APu  & latest (beta) versions