You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Texture Brush Packs [Hatching version 3]

StuartRc

Texture Brushes [Hatching] 
Updated the brush set something I have meaning to do for a while!:)
Changes/improvements as below

Version 3.0
1. Removed old versions (original first sets x20 brushes!)..redundant now..
2. Made some changes to the brush dynamics and nozzles. All nozzles are now vector based replacing previous raster versions (as much as possible)
3. There are significant number of new nozzles for the brushes (Particularly Hatching 01) Which means they are not like original sets..
4. The previous 6 brush sets have been merged together (making things easier!) and there are now just 2 sets.
5. Made use of the 1.7/1.8.2 brush engine in AD/AP to allow rotation to be defined in the subset...So you can now adjust the created mesh pattern by rotating the nozzle in the sub-brush
6. Updated the Sample sheets to newer (latest) layout..Sub brushes are displayed in red.

Version 2.0 (archived)
With Zip containing a total of 60 brushes (6x10) and Sample Sheet (PDF)
Changes for version 2.0:1. New larger texture nozzles 
2.  40 new brushes
3. Modified Brush Dynamics (Flow, accumulation and rotation)
4. Reduced reliance on scattering and scale jitter

Sample Sheets

TB Hatching 01@0.5x.jpg

TB Hatching 02@0.5x.jpg

Updated Texture Brush Hatching Set

Hatching 01.zip

Hatching 02.zip

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• 4 months later...

Thank you ! (for all the collection)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi
Updated/and edited a new streamline version of the Texture Brush Hatching set to version 3.0
...2 years later!:) eek!
made a lot of changes to the brushes....updates listed as above..I have removed the old versions

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, StuartRc said:

Hi
Updated/and edited a new streamline version of the Texture Brush Hatching set to version 3.0
...2 years later!:) eek!
made a lot of changes to the brushes....updates listed as above..I have removed the old versions

I've added Hatch02 and I can only see them in Pixel Persona.  When I go to use the brush stroke with a color selected, it only shows a selection line and not the actual brushstroke in the color selected.  Are there any settings that have to be setup before it will show?  Complete newbie so any beginner tips (step by step) would be greatly appreciated.  These are super cool - thanks for sharing them.

21 minutes ago, KariF said:

Are there any settings that have to be setup before it will show?

You need to be in the pixel persona, and paint on a pixel layer (if the app didn't add it for you already). There's no line for brush stroke, unless you used a vector brush first. In this case, it's possible the app added a pixel layer inside this stroke or another shape. Check your layer panel, and get the pixel layer above, in this case.

6 hours ago, KariF said:

When I go to use the brush stroke with a color selected, it only shows a selection line and not the actual brushstroke in the color selected.

I'm not sure about what you mean, so I assume you mean this, that's only visible with vector bruches:

2021-11-07_011158.png.18cac96dd2f0fa2c00edbc4bef603499.png

When on a pixel layer, the pixel area is displayed when using the move tool, as a rectangle:

2021-11-07_011301.png.5c464c0502b96dd0c070ce81874ae2f1.png

6 hours ago, Wosven said:

You need to be in the pixel persona, and paint on a pixel layer (if the app didn't add it for you already). There's no line for brush stroke, unless you used a vector brush first. In this case, it's possible the app added a pixel layer inside this stroke or another shape. Check your layer panel, and get the pixel layer above, in this case.

Not quite sure what you mean by no line for brush stroke.  I will attempt to take a video to show my steps.

18 hours ago, KariF said:

I've added Hatch02 and I can only see them in Pixel Persona.  When I go to use the brush stroke with a color selected, it only shows a selection line and not the actual brushstroke in the color selected.  Are there any settings that have to be setup before it will show?  Complete newbie so any beginner tips (step by step) would be greatly appreciated.  These are super cool - thanks for sharing them.

Hi

I see @Wosven has been helping you:)

But if you wanted to try both types of brushes you could download Project Brush set 04 Ammonite which I believe still has 30 Raster and 30 Vector brushes in 2 sets. It has also been updated to consider 1.7 brush engine

• 1 year later...