You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guides: setting exact location

I'm new to Photo and am confused about using Guides. I would like to create a panorama image by setting the aspect ratio of crop tool to 3:1. Easy so far. Once the image is cropped I need to place two vertical guides do I can divide the image into three portions each 1:1 ratio.

How do you place guides at an exact location? This can be pixel value. For example, if the image is 3,000 pixels wide how do I set a guide at 1,000 pixels line? (without having to move the guide and read the distance marker that shows up on the guide)

UPDATE: I figured out some of this. Apparently for those of use who are accustomed to right-clicking on everything, that won't work. But I had some manual guides on the page and I reopened the Guide Manager, and was able to click the values and change them to what I wanted, so that will work. I still don't know how to see the bleed marks though.

This was my original question: 

Where exactly do you "enter the values for the guides," because I can't find that at all. I get one option each for horizontal and vertical and that is dead center. I can add as many as I want but they are all either 5.5 or 4.25. So, what is up with that? 

Also, I added bleed to my document, but it is also not visible in the form of guides, as you might see in say Illustrator.

I am trying out the trial version, and would buy this in a heart beat, but only if it really does most of what I need it to - and I like precise placement of my guides, so.....