You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing object when copying constraints group with compound

9 hours ago, rubs said:

When trying to copy a constraints group containing a compound: In the resulting copy the constraints compound object is missing. I've isolated the bug in the attached file.

Copy constraint bug.afdesign

Hello rubs,

I downloaded your file and can reproduce this. Interestingly in the layers palette all elements are listed. They just do not get displayed on the artboard nor can't they be selected as objects.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, dominik said:

Hello rubs,

I downloaded your file and can reproduce this. Interestingly in the layers palette all elements are listed. They just do not get displayed on the artboard nor can't they be selected as objects.

d.

Also, the fill has been removed in the copy. That's probably why it's not displayed.

• Staff

Hi Rubs,

I've reproduced this using your file and can recreate a file that exhibits the issue. It is being caused by the Constraints Compound object. I'll get it passed onto development. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for acknowledging. This is just the most recent bug I found among several that occur with constraints and symbols, like objects changing places, lost symbols when copying artboards, layers being converted into constraint groups, odd scaling issues when copying properties... All quite annoying and counter-productive. Do the dev guys have a schedule for fixing these bugs?

5 hours ago, Panchdara said:

Also, the fill has been removed in the copy. That's probably why it's not displayed.

Actually I tried to assign a fill but nothing happened :-(

Let's see what the devs will come up with. Most likely a fix :-)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.