You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are Affinity Making a Competitor to Adobe Lightroom ?

The Adobe CC is just so expensive I really want to switch.  With the Affinity photo and Affinity designer its 2/3 of the way there.  However the app I use most is Lightroom for RAW file picture tweaking.

Are Affinity making a competitor to Lightroom for RAW file management and processing?

I am also interesting to replace Lightroom with something coming from Affinity.

Try to get the best from (the late) Aperture and from Lightroom.

Please, make it scriptable (applescript like Aperture, or lua like Lightroom, or something else): I need it very much. 

A catalog of pictures without "scriptable" accesses to pictures (mainly for exporting with presets and getting picture infos) would not be very useful (to me).

Thierry

This would be another great app in the Affinity arsenal.  I have been exploring Aperture alternatives, and have not pulled the trigger on Lightroom yet, but looks as though I will be going that route for the time being.  

rob

• 3 weeks later...

I am ADOBE ACE and I bought AFFINITY in order to quit ADOBE
bUT i did not find:
1. sincronize all settings like AdobeCameraRaw or LightRoom
what Iam doing wrong?
2. I need a filebrowser in affinity like BRIDGE or like LR manage files even you have to separate from affinity or create a new persona FILE PERSONA

Made an account just to say that if this photo management competitor to Lightroom was created, I would most definitely purchase.  I'm coming to the end of a year subscription to the photography plan with adobe and can't justify paying the monthly fee to keep the software going into the future.

1) I use Affinity Photo and don't need Photoshop. I just had the plan to have Lightroom.  

2) I'm an amateur who takes photography seriously and desires the best software to support the hobby, but am not active enough to justify $120 + a year just to professionally organize my photo library.  

Also worth noting that now would be a great time to release a product like this.  I had been using Aperture until was abandoned and didn't want to put my eggs into a basket that would continue to decay.  I switched to Lightroom when I was able to justify it and get it partially paid for by an employer so as to have software needed to do my job well.  I had planned to purchase Lightroom when my plan expired, but as of this year, it's impossible to purchase Lightroom as a single product.  There really isn't a great solution for those wanting to purchase software to manage their photo library.  

12 hours ago, Evan.Wegner said:

I had planned to purchase Lightroom when my plan expired, but as of this year, it's impossible to purchase Lightroom as a single product.  

https://commerce.adobe.com/anyware/checkout/?clientId=creative&countryCode=US&languageCode=en&marketSegment=COM&items[0][offerId]=0A5E0F7A7E9963C2C96ACDB90C734A3F&items[0][quantity]=1&returnUrl=undefined&promoid=5S7K88VB&mv=other&landscape=prod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1.9.2017 at 5:32 PM, f0t0gr4fi4 said:

2. I need a filebrowser in affinity like BRIDGE or like LR manage files even you have to separate from affinity or create a new persona FILE PERSONA

Me too! Please make 2 versions of LR-replace. Just a really comfortable file-manager like bridge with full AP-support at best openabele direct from AP (mediabrowser XXL) and another bigger version for the photographer-section. I and i guess lot others just need the filemanager! 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.9.2017 at 1:17 AM, YScuba said:

I'm up for a Lightroom replacement as well.  I have used LR for several years and like it, but it is my understanding that the standalone option is being phased out.

Me too. I've organized all my pictures in lightroom over years. I dislike the subscription model of Adobe. I feel myself addicted. I like to upgrade when I think its okay to me.

I would like to switch to affinity. But I need a strong DAM.

The alternative is to use a separate DAM like Daminion. Are there any users with experience?

Hi there,

i came here to ask for a Lightroom replacement. I am a former professional photographer turned into a hobbyist. With that the Adobe CC subscription model simply is too expensive and no longer attractive to me. I really like the fresh take of the Affinity products and would love to see a DAM tool from you guys!

Can you provide us with any updates on the roadmap towards that? I'd also be highly interested in joining an early Alpha/Beta test phase.

Cheers,

CH

Hi there,

I think a thread like this needs to grow. It's great to hear that Serif has plans for a DAM / Lightroom killer app. I would really like to see one. And I bet that no one would dislike the company's attention moving on to the DAM software.  Be sure that there's a great interest and support from the community. Just wanted to let everyone know.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

@roble2020& @JayWillDesigner

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

There is no more public information about this at the moment, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon