You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rectangular marquee selection tool should resize and snap to grid, guides, layers

The Rectangular marquee tool (in the Selections persona) should:

• snap to grid, guides and layers AND
  • corners should be points one can select and move to resize (and snap to grid/guide/layers)

Ex: Its a feature from Pixelmator that i miss a lot.

Edited by iuri
added request for corner with points to resize selection

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Jumping in here 6 years later to discover this same HUGE shortcoming. As a game developer I have like 50 projects going back to literally the 90s of things that I have worked on. Sometimes I just want to open a flat .PNG file and make some quick modifications rather than tracking down the original source .PSD that has the full layer stack and such. (I know, it's lazy, but I am a one-man-band so my time is stretched very thin.) There are also MANY 2D sprite sheets where everything is laid out in grids of 8 pixels. I often need to just open one of these source PNGs and move something to a different location. (Sometimes just for quick testing.) Anyway... I hate to say it but Affinity just became unusable to me because of this lack of full grid snapping. It's seriously a real shame because up until now I have been adapting quickly and easily to the differences coming from Photoshop. I absolutely HATE the idea of going back to my Adobe subscription but this is something that is just going to drive me insane trying to work without. Very sad 😞

• 8 months later...