You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to use the software and every time i try to open a picture from my library using the media browser in Affinity I get a message that permission was denied.  I am able to open the picture in Affinity when I go through my Photos library on my Mac.  I can't load multiple pictures for stacking and HDR this way.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you

• Staff

Hi desai01,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not sure why you are getting permission issues when using the Media Browser (where do you have your Apple Photos library stored?) but you can export the images from Apple Photos to a folder and import them from there to use with stacking or the HDR functionality. To do it select the thumbnails/images you want to work with in Apple Photos then go to menu File ▸ Export ▸ Export Unmodified Original For X Photos... and select the folder to where you want to export them. You can then import the images in Affinity from that folder.

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, desai01 said:

Thank you.  This does work,  but my photos library is stored on an external hard drive, and this is not recognized in the media browser.  

Apple Photos permits the use of multiple photo libraries but only the 'system' one is available to other apps or browsers. To see if your library is the system one, open the Apple Photos Preferences window to the General tab. If the "Use as System Photo Library" button is greyed out (can't be selected) then the current library is the system one; otherwise it is not.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 months later...

I experienced the same problem but now understand what happened. I upgraded my font manager to SuitcaseFustion8, and that upgrade added too many new fonts (probably the 2000+ "Google Fonts" wa the killer). Removing the Suitcase app solved the problems I was having with both Photo and Designer.