You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Clive. :)

There's a short overview video (complete with typos!) here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you Alfred, much appreciated. 

I did take a quick look and assume that if I want to create something similar to the video in my original post, I draw a circle, add the text and draw a larger circle over it (so the text is inside two rings/circles). Is it possible to move the text away from the drawn line, so in effect it looks like it's floating between the two rings/circles?

clive

There may be other ways, but one way to do it would be simply to drawn another circle between the first two. When you put text on a path, the object from which the path was created disappears, so you will be left with only the text and the other two rings/circles.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, lizziebenson said:

... Is it possible to move the text away from the drawn line, so in effect it looks like it's floating between the two rings/circles?

clive

In the character panel change the Baseline setting for the text to move it away from the path

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Unfortunately, Affinity Designer can not do this either properly or intuitively. I get no result like i expected.

I am clicking and dragging the triangles forward and backwards, using option key or cmd key or all together ..

The result makes me totally crazy

Can't understand what kind of brain has create this feature like it is

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

Yes i get so much crazy with this "stupid" function.

I would like exactly what is in your video. But, impossible.

I try it now for about one hour ... unbelievably bad!!!

The really important things do not seem to exist. If it works, then as a coincidence

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

Hello @ lizziebenson and @ Mischugo,

You can draw a circle, "Layer", "Convert to Text Path" (circle disappears).

Then you type the top text after choosing "Aligned center", then type "Enter" and enter the bottom text.

Then select the bottom text, change the height of the baseline to fit the circle and match the text at the top.

Then add a "Donut" aligned to the original circle and adjust its thickness to fit the text perfectly.

I hope this will help you.

Cordially.

Texte en cercle.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2017 at 3:20 PM, reglico said:

You can draw a circle, "Layer", "Convert to Text Path" (circle disappears).

Then you type the top text after choosing "Aligned center", then type "Enter" and enter the bottom text.

Then select the bottom text, change the height of the baseline to fit the circle and match the text at the top.

Thanks, @reglico !  I couldn't figure out how to add the bottom text without using a second path.