You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What level of iPad is required for decent performance of Affinity Photo?

I have Affinity for windows, and I'm really impressed.

My old laptop struggles to run affinity though, Looking at reasonable priced new latops (low end) it seems NONE of them can manage a 1920x1080 screen resolution - and I don't use it often enough to justify spending a lot. But I notice that I can get an iPad Air 2 for less than a laptop, and I think I'd use that more too.

Editing photos is a big part of what I want to do, so my question is:

Is an iPad Air 2 good enough to run Afinity pro withot it being awkwardly sluggish?

And that applies to photo editing, and panorama stitching, (which I suspect is considerably more demanding)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks again to all. I bought myself an iPad Air 2, and a copy of the software,

The photo editing is nice and smooth, (though it will take me  while to get used to the controls! Not a fan of the blobs on knobs school of interface design)

I just tried my first panorama stitch using a set of five full size DLSR photos, and I'd say it's not too bad at all. of course it would be nicer and faster on a new top end iPad pro, and you have to wait a couple of minutes for the big operations like the final stitching, but I think it's good enough to do some stitching in the evenings back at the hotel while on holiday.

And a desktop PC will take it's time with this sort of operation too.

Nick