brunhilda

Designer crashes when moving artboard

Hi,

I have experienced dozens (maybe even hundreds) crashes of Affinity Designer - it crashes when I copypaste an artboard and start dragging it to a (mostly right) side.

I checked all Macbook/Magic mouse settings and could not find any reason why this is happening.

It is extremely annoying, as the work is very often not saved, even with the restored file.

Thanks for your help, Alena

On 7. 8. 2017 at 3:46 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Alena,

Does this happen on a new document or is it limited to an existing document? Would you be able to try the latest beta and see if you still get the crashes in that version?

Thanks!

Hi, it happens in an existing document. Basically every second time I drag artboard(s). 

I am a bit afraid to install the beta because of rewriting some files, as noted in the description...

Thanks, a.

The install of the beta is kept completely separate from the Mac App Store version. The announcement thread is saying that if you save your file in 1.6 there is a chance you cannot open it back up in the MAS version. However if you were to make a copy of your file and attempt to open that you have no risk of ruining your original file, as you will be opening up a copy.

I have this issue as well (on High Sierra), or much like it. In my case, it occurs when I'm using the Artboard tool and alt-dragging an artboard to create a duplicate.
It happens in different documents, repeatably. I just thrice tried it in the current file I'm working on; crashed each time.

My first experience of this was when dragging down; it has since occurred when dragging left and when dragging right. 

It doesn't happen every time.

Hi spedwig,

I believe your issue is already fixed in the latest Beta (1.6.0 Beta 11). If you are willing to give it a try you can download it from here.

I advise you to duplicate the documents you want to check out in Finder before opening them in the Beta since if you save them you will not be able to open them again in the (older) version you are running now (1.5.5). If they don't crash in the new Beta then the issue was already fixed.