You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

These Affinity Photo Features – Available or Not?

Hello,

i would just like to ask if you could confirm oder contradict my following impressions regarding the newest Affinity Photo for Windows on desktop PCs. Thanks for all input!

Layers:

• thumbnail size in layers panel/studio cannot be changed
  • layers can't be dragged between files
  • no command to Expand Canvas so that all hidden layers are fully visible
  • no command to crop uniform/empty canvas to actual content

Raw module/persona:

• no button for auto contrast
  • raw sharpening: no masking for sharpening (exclusion of finely detailed areas); no threshold slider
  • no lens profiles (auto correction of distortions caused by known lens-camera combos), neither in Raw nor Photo module/persona (i see in the settings you can choose "Apply Lens Corrections")
  • split view (before/after): the "before" view is unchangeably on the right side, the "after" view is unchangeably on the left side

GUI:

• no built-in image browsing, no transfer of corrections from one image to many others
  • no command to position two open files side-by-side (for comparison)
  • no command Revert to Last Saved State (though doable via History panel)

Photo module/persona:

• In the HSL correction, i have to chose a colour range like "Reds" in the menu. I can't pick that colour range by colour picker?

So - are above features there or not? Thanks again!

Hey there, thanks so much again for contributing. I didn't realize those were all questions that plague me day and night. 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Regarding reverting to the last saved state, there's a feature called Snapshots. I believe you can have many snapshot and there's always the possibility to go back to one of them. I've never made use of it myself, though.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

4 hours ago, EnoEnrique said:

Hello, I can answer some.

• no command to Expand Canvas so that all hidden layers are fully visible

Layer > Unclip Canvas

• no command to crop uniform/empty canvas to actual content

Layer > Clip Canvas  Will remove transparent parts to fit around the content

Layer > Rasterize Will throw away clipped areas outside the canvas

• no built-in image browsing,

Don't know what that means. It doesn't  have a DAM 

• no transfer of corrections from one image to many others

Presets do that. In Develop Persona you can save multiple corrections as one Preset.

• no command to position two open files side-by-side (for comparison)

You can drag the image tabs off and position them side by side. But no command. 

• no command Revert to Last Saved State (though doable via History panel)

Document > Snapshot Affinity creates one when you first load a file "Background". That will effectively "Revert" to what is on the disc. Save others from time to time as you work

In the HSL correction, i have to chose a colour range like "Reds" in the menu. I can't pick that colour range by colour picker?

You can go Select > Select Sampled Colour, use the colour picker to pick a colour,(adjust the tolerance) then use an HSL Adjustment.

Not 100% sure that is what you want though

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.