kamphoto

Affinity Crashes A Lot

I bought Affinity and my iPad Pro two weeks ago. While in general I think Affinity is good there are many bugs, which make it difficult to use compared to Lightroom mobile (I am a Creative Cloud subscriber). 

Affinity crashes far too often.

The Panorama module in Affinity won't accept RAW photos. 

And, most annoying, many times when I am in Develope module if I happen to touch the wrong, arbitrary spot on my screen my work is deleted with no history to retrieve it!! It goes into Photo module and the history is blank. 

I do not like to waste time when I am charging clients for post-processing. 

Luckily I am only testing Affinity. 

Please correct these issues or suggest a way to resolve some of them. 

Hi kamphoto, Mountain King,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

@kamphoto The Panorama module in Affinity won't accept RAW photos 

Are you importing them from Apple Photos or from iCloud? If you try to import from iCloud or other cloud service does it work correctly?

If the problem only happens when importing from Apple Photos, how are you syncing the images to Apple Photos?

Can you tell me which option in the iPad Settings app you have selected in the Photos & Camera section: Optimise iPad Storage or Download and Keep Originals?

@Mountain King

Are you using iCloud to sync photos from your Phone with the rest of your devices?

Which option in the iPad Settings app you have selected in the Photos & Camera section: Optimise iPad Storage or Download and Keep Originals?

8 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi kamphoto, Mountain King,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, iCloud sync from all my devices (iPhone, iPad, Macbook)

Optimise iPad Storage is my current option.

Now I try to change to "Download and Keep Originals", redownload from iCloud and test again.

Regards

@Mountain King

Are you using iCloud to sync photos from your Phone with the rest of your devices?

Which option in the iPad Settings app you have selected in the Photos & Camera section: Optimise iPad Storage or Download and Keep Originals?

With the iOS 11 update I can import RAW photos to Panorama.

However, crashing happens far too often for my taste.

I really am of two distinct views: when it works (i.e. dodge and burn) it works well; any complex adjustment crashes.

This is extremely annoying.

Why are bug updates so few??