Hello Gwobbler and welcome to the Affinity forums.

Calligraphic lines styles are on the feature roadmap, so they are expected to come some time before version 2 as a free update for those who purchased the program. You currently have a few extra options if you double click a brush from the Brushes studio, but they don't go as deep as shown in your source.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Does anyone know the status of Calligraphy line styles on the feature roadmap? I really need them for music notation. There has not seemed to have been any movement on implementation. Hello? Anyone out there????

On 5/11/2018 at 1:38 PM, bluearch said:

Does anyone know the status of Calligraphy line styles on the feature roadmap? I really need them for music notation. There has not seemed to have been any movement on implementation. Hello? Anyone out there????

I'm out here, same as you, pining for calligraphic line styles. Luckily I've got both CorelDraw and Illustrator so I'm swapping to one of those for now, neither of which I'm happy with for differing reasons (Corel's too-different interface is hard to handle when you spent 90% of your time in Adobe products; Adobe's "Rental Software" makes me violently angry....)