You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Luminosity blend mode not behaving

This has actually been an issue for a while, but because I usually use curves mostly for dodge & burn at very low flow, I didn't notice it much. What I'm talking about is that it appears the luminosity blend mode is affecting saturation, which it shouldn't. It would also appear that the normal blend mode is acting like luminosity and not affecting saturation, which it...normally would. See examples below.

IMG_0070.PNG

IMG_0071.PNG

IMG_0072.PNG

IMG_0073.PNG

IMG_0074.PNG

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

3 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi wgphoto

this appears to be working as expected. I've compared it with the desktop version and apps form other companies and i'm the output from the iPad is consistent with what they are showing me

After going back and forth between these images and similar images in Photoshop, I'm inclined to agree. While I was focused on her skin, it appears her outfit tells the true story. Sorry for the confusion, this can be deleted to free up space for a legit issue. Thanks

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.