Sign in to follow this  
WaveF

Re-editable rounded chart with AffinityDesigner

Enjoyed your concept, thanks for preparing & posting this video. A couple of suggestions, primarily due to fuzzy screen trying to follow the vid on a laptop-size screen:

Couldn't see clearly the formula you entered to get the precise circle rendered - why not type it out as you did the 1-100 and 1-360 range example? I know it was 48*360/100 but it wasn't clearly visible and, because the entire formula was too long, the left end got pushed out of the field visible area too quickly.

Your use of the Fill tool for gradient was a bit too subtle to follow what you were doing. A greater color contrast might have helped to follow that part. I saw your mouse clicks but didn't see much of a gradient.

Similarly at the end when you set "Scale with Object" was okay, but what followed, the shadow adjustment was too subtle to follow. Where did a shadow originate? Something about clicking Symbol, what was that? That was your first reference in the vid to a symbol and it was not clearly explained IMHO.

Suggestions only. :)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

On 2017/8/8 at 2:51 AM, jer said:

Enjoyed your concept, thanks for preparing & posting this video. A couple of suggestions, primarily due to fuzzy screen trying to follow the vid on a laptop-size screen:

Couldn't see clearly the formula you entered to get the precise circle rendered - why not type it out as you did the 1-100 and 1-360 range example? I know it was 48*360/100 but it wasn't clearly visible and, because the entire formula was too long, the left end got pushed out of the field visible area too quickly.

Your use of the Fill tool for gradient was a bit too subtle to follow what you were doing. A greater color contrast might have helped to follow that part. I saw your mouse clicks but didn't see much of a gradient.

Similarly at the end when you set "Scale with Object" was okay, but what followed, the shadow adjustment was too subtle to follow. Where did a shadow originate? Something about clicking Symbol, what was that? That was your first reference in the vid to a symbol and it was not clearly explained IMHO.

Suggestions only. :)

Yes, I didn't pay attention on these detail, thanks for your suggestion, I'll make it better next time ;)

I never bothered to put the inner and outer stroke on top of one another and increase the stroke width. I also never realised that you can simply enter a formula to go from a percentage to an angle. Very good idea!

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher | macOS 10.14 Catalina on MBP13 2013 | macOS 10.15 Mojave on MBP13 2017