You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remember my preferences as I use the program

Hello, guys at Serif.

For example, every time I resize a photo, I'd rather use Lanczos 3 non separable. But Affinity defaults to bilinear every time I do Ctrl+Alt+I. This is frustrating and tedious.

I cited this case as an example, only. There are many things in which the program could memorize the user's way of being. Make the program smarter.

The default for Artistic text tool is Arial 12 align left. Always and always and always... This is horrible. The program need to memorize my last use of each tool!

What I do in Photoshop in a few clicks, or in a single click, I need to do in Affinity with many clicks. This is frustrating, irritating, tedious ...

The Edit / Preferences menu has few options. This is very poor in options for the user. There could be many more options like default font preference when using the artistic text tool tool, choose my preferred export preset, etc, etc, etc.

There is a need to extend user preference options at least 10 times. I already posted this on another topic, but no one paid attention!

Another thing I've been reporting for a long time, the error of copying / pasting effects giving different values to the target. How long this will continue?

Please, Affinity team, stop making deaf ears. Pay attention to the needs of your customers, at least this time.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, jcburns said:

I will buy the alcoholic beverage of the developer's choice (next time I'm in the UK) for the fine human who puts the default-to-Arial font choice OUT of its misery. Please, oh please.

You can set your own default font.  Create some text, change the font to Comic Sans :) and go to Edit > Defaults > Save.

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

Invented by Chuck Norris apparently. :ph34r: :)

norris.gif

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

How come you get to be an "Advɐncəd Məmbər"?

Self-appointed! Please feel free to copy the idea. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)