You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Elements in Workspace around paper? Text disappears in Freehand import

Hi, congratulations for this fantastic program, I think it's the best freehand successor ;)

I only would to know how can I see the other elements on the workspace (grey space around the white paper) if it's possible, because for me is basic see other draws and designs around the paper...
and because is not possible see the text font when I import or open a freehand file (I can see the vector design or traced fonts, but the simple text disappears!!).
Thanks!

post-5044-0-49261900-1423071192_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hello uridj,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The access to the Pasteboard area (the area around the spread) is already on our roadmap to be implemented.

Regarding the text, the latest Beta includes improvements to various import/export formats not yet present in the MAS version. Can you try it and see if the problem persists?

You can have both versions installed simultaneously since they don't interfere each other. Just note that documents created or saved with the latest beta cannot be opened in the MAS version until the next MAS update.

oh, ok! I think the Pasterboard is an essential way of work...
I have installed the beta version and the same problem continues with the text font, all the text disappears!
look the images 1 and 2, when I choose the freehand file, I can see the mini preview, but when I click on it the text disappears on the file!
on the other hand, I see now a print bug: when I print the page I have problems with borders on my print, look at images 3,4,5 and 6, you'll see I need to put all draws more down for a correct printing...

post-5044-0-94857200-1423175016_thumb.png

post-5044-0-24860400-1423175023_thumb.png

post-5044-0-75258200-1423175031_thumb.png

post-5044-0-40060400-1423175036_thumb.png

post-5044-0-15254200-1423175050_thumb.png

post-5044-0-32865500-1423175055_thumb.png

I've been reading about the FreeHand import text problem on a couple of forum posts. This was a problem with getting FreeHand files to open in Illustrator CS6-CC as well. The developer we worked with at Tensai was able to get the text problem in their FreeHand conversion plugin to accurately render text in AI. They might be helpful to contact: http://www.tensai.co.uk/ai/contact.php

• 2 months later...