You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Minor UX Ideas

Hi there,

here are some minor suggestions that might improve the user experience:

• Okay, this is a *really* small one. Whenever you create a new document from the “New Document” dialogue and tap “OK”, you will be taken back, if only for a split second, to the “New Document” dialogue itself, before the new canvas slides in from the bottom of the screen. Honestly, that makes me wonder every time if I did something wrong. For a moment, I will get the impression that I cancelled the intended action.
  • It is great that we can swipe out tools from the toolbar, as well as menu items from the main menu. By “swiping out” I mean tapping the screen, moving the finger to the desired menu option, and lifting it to select this option. Could you extend this behavior in particular to the “Plus” button (“New Pixel Layer”, “New Fill Layer”) in the layers list? It feels annoying that you always have to tap twice here.
  • And here’s a related observation. I don’t know how other users feel, but I must say the “Back and Forth” button combos (see below) are pretty useless to me. I simply cannot remember all the items contained in the lists that hide behind these buttons, let alone the order of these items. So it isn’t really an option for me to use the “<” and “>” buttons. I would rather suggest that you extend the swipe-out behavior to these kinds of menus. Let us use these menus just like we are using the tool menus.
  • And again, please make sure to remove the need for an extra tap after selecting a color. We should be able to paint straightaway, without having to close the color selector panel first.

Thank you for considering this … :)

Alex

Back-And-Forth.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Alex,

A few good points:

1. I never noticed this until now and it will forever annoy me unless dev decide to change this :P
  2. I'm inclined to agree with this request. I'm sure it has been mentioned a few times.
  3. I must admit I don't use the < or > arrows either but some people may use them.
  4. This was one of the first issues logged against the iPad version. I believe they are working on a 'Auto dismiss flyouts' option which should solve this one.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.