claycle

[Fixed] Recolor Offset Bug in PDF Generation from AD

I was prepping a file for print today. We normally do approvals via lightweight JPGs and then generate proofs for printing. My export PDF settings are 300 dpi, text to curves, and include bleeds.

When I exported the design to PDF, we saw that the recolor filter on an embedded Affinity Photo document was not properly rendered.

I have included three files:

The designer file.

The JPG sample (which looks correct)

The PDF proof (which has the error)

My workaround will be to export the Photo document to a jpg or tiff, and then embed that image in the design.

Evolve Invitation Flyer US.afdesign

Evolve Invitation Flyer US.jpg

Evolve Invitation Flyer US PROOF.pdf

While I think it is perfectly logical that the way the embedded background image is built and should export fine like it is, I think you'll find that if you edit that embedded image and drag the recolor layer beneath the image, exit from the embedded document, then export again it'll all work out fine. At least in the 1.6 beta it does...I already had it open when I downloaded your file and didn't check the release version.

capture-001310.png.e374b0a8ff1320f142b45b75feb03ef1.png

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks for the files claycle - I can reproduce using them so I'll get it passed onto to development. I can confirm that MikeW's workaround does indeed work on the release version - thanks Mike! :)

Sean,

Something to pass along to the developers, is that the effect in the pdf is the same size as if you simply export the image from the embedded document and place that image back on the main page.

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

On 10/9/2017 at 3:29 PM, Sean P said:

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next Mac release.

I'm running 1.6.1 and there still seems to be a problem here. I posted another bug report before finding this post, but I have a recolor adjustment that is not making it to export.