You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Software

When Serif introduced Affinity Designer and Photo, there appeared to be a suggestion that software similar to Word was to be made available. Did I misunderstand, since at present AD and AP do not seem to be useful to me . . . . . .

BudProd,

Affinity is planning on releasing a Page Layout program sometime in the future. A page layout program isn't a word processing application though (which is what Word is) but they are similar in some regards.  There isn't a release date given so far. I hope that helps.

Hokusai

If, as seems likely, you're the same 'BudProd' who posted to the old PagePlus forum seven or eight years ago, I think you should know that the first release of Affinity Publisher will be fairly basic by comparison with the last version of PagePlus. It may well even lag behind PPX3 and X4 in some areas, although I expect it to have the same good OpenType support that Affinity Designer has: PagePlus first started supporting OpenType in X5.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, Alfred: rather much older now, and have found that my favourite Serif software will no longer execute for me, neither can I download such programs any more now.
Rather a blow to me after discovering Serif originally with PagePlus (2) on a Magazine floppy cover disk, and keeping up to date as they moved from CDs to DVDs, using most of their 'Plus' programs.
Serif do not seem to be interested now !
Budprod . . .

3 hours ago, BudProd said:

Yes, Alfred: rather much older now

I imagine that, like most of us, you'll be seven or eight years older than you were seven or eight years ago! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)