You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not Having Any Issues Yet with Newly Upgraded 10.5 Pro

I fortunately was gifted as an early birthday present from my sweetie :) A 10.5 iPad pro 256GB. 

Although I already own Photo iPad, I joined the Testflight beta testing. I haven't installed the beta yet, but I just spent over 2 hours trying to get Photo iPad to crash on my new iPad. It never crashed. No issues at all. I started with a RAW image, did a regular edit.. then started stacking on layers, layer fx, etc. Then cut/pasted an even higher resolution image to blend on top of it, etc. Then I took a high res jpeg, and stacked 4 layers of the same image with various blends and fx between layers, etc. 

I wanted to crash Photo first, so that when I install the current beta I could retrace my steps and see if the beta is more stable. However, I've run out of time to mess with this because I can't get Photo to crash. 

So, at least for me... so far... it's looking like the more powerful iPad may have resolved my prior crashing. I've already erased my Air2 so I can't go back and compare. Maybe it's because I was working with a fresh iOS install on the new iPad? Or, maybe Photo needs the latest gear? I'd hesitate to make that assumption since other's here with iPad Pros are still reporting some crashing. But despite my best effort, Photo on my new 10.5 Pro is rock solid. I'll see if I can crash it later before I take the latest beta for a spin. :)

9 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

I edited an 150 megapixel panorama on my iPad Pro 12.9" (2017) with no issue at all!

But, I've got the latest 1.64 beta 4 installed...

Really impressed with Affinity Photo so far, and, now longing after Affinity Designer / Affinity Publisher to reach the beta stadium on iPad...

Good to know. I haven't tried anything like that yet, but I deleted my purchased app, and installed the beta to take a spin. 

Was that 150MB panorama based on raw image sources? I ask because it seemed like just about every time I had a crash on my Air2, it'd be when I was starting with a raw source image.