You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

windows Photo Beta 1.6.0.76 DPI Resize problem

It's disappointing that the bug in Document>Resize Document appears to be unresolved, i.e. whatever the imported metadata has, 72, 96 etc. is what the output DPI is.

(I use the work round to resize the DPI  (typically 300) with "Resample" unchecked; then resize to the size of photo I want, with Resize>  "Resample" checked.  I  then export to jpg ,via un-checking More>embed Metadata).

But this is a known bug from day 1.  Is it not scheduled to be fixed in 1.6?

Affinity Photo, Designer, (1.10.4.1198); Sketchup

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit; Ver. 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1566)

Intel i7-4790, 4 GHz; RAM:16GB; Graphics Card: ASUS (AMD) R9280-DC2T-3GD5.

Graphics Tablet: Huion Inspiroy HS610; Calibration: X-rite i1Display Pro

I assume pro users are a minority and so the bad resizing dialog and function is something we have to live with - it is frustrating that the developers can't see the essential problems with the resizing dialog and it's function

2 hours ago, Opera said:

I assume pro users are a minority and so the bad resizing dialog and function is something we have to live with - it is frustrating that the developers can't see the essential problems with the resizing dialog and it's function

Trust me, the developers do see your problems, and we are working on fixing them.

On 6.8.2017 at 9:37 AM, harrym said:

Having the DPI not honoured from the file being imported is an irritation, good to hear it's being worked on. I'm not sure what the 'pro' comment is about?

Hi Harrym,
here are three (unsolved or open) old forum threads about the resizing dialog.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/33007-resize-document-usability-ap/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/32409-new-resizing-dialog-scale-to-new-size-a-photo/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/28362-ap-resize-document-function-is-too-basic-and-not-very-useful/

As a graphic designer (labeled as "Professional User") having a job to edit a hundred images it is essential to have a responsive dialog that immediately shows the converted values during typing in - cm -> DPI -> pixels -> Inches......  .
In my opinion this is more important than any filters or other gadgets to have.
At the moment you have to toggle several times between checkboxes or value-fields -> or you have to confirm the dialog and must reopen it to see the new values.

On 4.8.2017 at 9:26 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Trust me, the developers do see your problems, and we are working on fixing them.

Thank you Mark.

On 15.11.2016 at 10:43 AM, MEB said:

Hi Opera,

This was logged as an improvement request earlier but wasn't implemented yet. The dev teams have been quite busy. Bear with us while we get there.

Thank you MEB.

Hi opera, time is money!

I'm actually more inconvenienced by the crop tool ui as that can't be macro'd which is what I've done for DPI although batch processing a DPI change would be better the changes don't stick.... Grrrr

Regards

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.