You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Several minor bugs/feature requests

Hi,

over the last time I came across some things that I thought would make bot AD and AP even more my favourite apps =)

When I rasterize a textlayer that is outside an artboard, it disappears on the canvas. (AP)

When having multiple layers selected, "rasterize" will only work on one of the layers. (AD+AP)

Generally, with several options it is not possible to change values on multiple layers at once, even if they share the same value initially (e.g. rotation)

Changing values via keyboard (up and down arrows) in AP gives immediate results. It doesn't in Designer though. For example the font size.

The desciptions of the pallettes are sometimes a bit blurry, see screenshot. I work on a retina iMac. (AD+AP)

This one is more of a feature request. It would be really really nice to easily switch between Designer and Photo with an open document. For me, that would be the "final touch" in integration and really help my workflow. Now I have both apps open, close the file on AD, switch to AP, open the file there and vice versa. I do that quite often. Opening a document in both apps simultaneously does not work of course.

I am working on OSX 10.11.6

best,
Philip

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-03 um 15.55.18.png

• Staff

Hi Philip,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To switch a file between the two programs go to menu File ▸ Edit in Photo/Designer... (depending on the program you are currently using). There's no need to close the document. All layers/edits/history remain intact. Also note that features that are exclusive to one of the apps can also be edited on the others without the need to switch the document between apps - for example if you add a live filter in Affinity Photo (which are not available in Designer), you can still double-click it in the layers panel in Designer to change its settings without going back to Photo.