You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been learning AP for several months and it mostly works pretty well.  Most issues seem to be operator error.

I shot some RAW sunset pics in the 'sunset mode' (enhanced) and they lose all vibrant color from viewing in my Olympus software when I open them in AP to develop.  After development they look the same as before development.  I changed the assistant to 32bit, noise correction, tone curve, and exposure bias are set to take no action.

Do I have something set wrong?  The histograms are not even similar.

Thanks

Art

OlyRawSunset1.png

AfiRawSunset1.png

• Staff

Hi Art,

Welcome to the forums.

It may be the case that the enhanced mode is only being detected by the cameras own software. Other software may not know to read this information from the RAW file. Would you be able to upload the files you've used in the screenshots so I can test it myself.

• Staff

Thanks for the file, below is a screenshot of it opened in Adobe Camera RAW. As you can see, it looks slightly different when compared to Affinity Photo and the Olympus software as it's a different RAW engine. The effect can easily be reproduced, in the Develop persona try lowering the Exposure and increasing the Saturation.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 15.41.05.png