You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.1.2.22384)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Documents made in this version will not be openable in older versions of Affinity Designer. This change was necessary in order to ensure a consistent baseline for our file format for the upcoming Affinity Photo Beta. When we update the Mac App Store version it will upgrade to this new archive version number too so will not be an issue in the future.

Improvements, Features, Fixes

- Preparation for Affinity Photo Beta - you will need this beta version of Affinity Designer if you intend to use the ‘Edit in Designer’ option in Affinity Photo Beta when it is released

- Added top-level ‘Force Pixel Alignment’ mode to help UI/Web designers and removed some of the overly-complicated options in the snapping setup

- File -> Export can now export just the selection, if desired

- Slice export can now export SVG, EPS and PDF formats

- Improved SVG import and export

- Added CMYK JPEG option for slice export

- New welcome screen has downloadable samples (and a couple of new samples from Neil Ladkin)

- Added Spanish translation (first phase)

- Added language chooser in Preferences

- Improved accuracy when blending objects with masks and also removed artefacts when blending low opacity layers with blend modes

- Fix for some panels having strange transparent glass backgrounds in Yosemite (snapping, for example)

- Speed improvements with bitmap brushes

- Fix for brushes not appearing in non-English locales

- Resizing your document should now be more reliable

- Fix for issues appearing when attempting to close an unsaved document

- PDF import improvements

- Added shortcut for File->Export (Shift+Cmd+Option+S)

- Improved opening of interlaced GIF images

- Fix for current brush occasionally losing its highlight state in the Brushes panel

- ’Show All UI’ now moves the view correctly rather than adding a strange offset

- Guides now become visible if they were hidden and the user creates one

- Small tweak to placement of nodes in the pressure profile flyout window

- Docking studio tweaks

- Miscellaneous panel tweaks to cope better with large fonts/translations

- Improved performance when trying to copy a small piece of a large raster layer

- Fixes for scrollbars not working properly

- Numerous other fixes and improvements.

Love the new corner addition for rectangle shapes.  I don't see that the Reset selection box button does anything.  How does it work?

The new circle looks great.  I made one clicked on Convert to Donut.  There is a Close Pie button.  What is this for?  Doesn't seem to do anything.  Suspect it should be a Close Donut button.  Again I don't see that the Reset selection box button does anything.  What does it do?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

- Fix for issues appearing when attempting to close an unsaved document

Well, in part... remember this bug? https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4128-affinity-designer-customer-beta-1021861/?p=17913

This new beta now saves the document, but the document window never closes. You have to press Command-W again!!!

BTW, this bug is fixed: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4128-affinity-designer-customer-beta-1021861/?p=17935

Thanks!!!

Thank you very much for fixing the brushes panel ... so great! No more disappearing brushes on app relaunch!  :D

By the way, is the new "Reset Selection Box" option meant to be non-permanent?

When I rotate a shape and click "Reset Selection Box", a new bounding (or "selection") box is created, enclosing the rotated shape. When I deselect the shape and select it again, the new bounding box is replaced by the original one ... is that intended?

Cheers,

Alex

ResetSelectionBox.mov

Nice work on the reset selection box... illustrator should've had this years ago.

Yay the transparency tool has a shortcut!! ( y ) thanks guys!

If only life had a "convert to donut" option ;)   Got a parking ticket, - convert to donut - BAM!  I also see convert to pie, WHAT no convert to cinnamon danish??

...still poking around... but it's feeling nice and solid :) can't wait to start a new project!

Sorry but the same issue remains in last and this beta

"Save failed because access to the file was lost.

The document must now be closed."

I don't mind having this notice but the worst thing is it then closes the opened and unsaved file and I loose changes! My NAS (WD Live Duo) sometimes is crappy and seems to be loosing connection and then I just try saving again but now I am loosing my work.

www.cgartists.eu

Reset Selection Box only really shows you anything different if you've rotated your object (for example) - it should set the selection box back to a normalised non-rotated version :)

Great, I like it.  This will be very handy.  But A_B_C has a good point the effect seems temporary.  Is that the plan to only exist until deselected?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

Yes, it's temporary - each object has a transform, and that cannot be "reset" as such (well, technically, it can - but that's another can of worms for another day).

We have made the Move tool (and a few other tools) able to show objects without their transform, temporarily, to facilitate different types of scaling, snapping etc.

In my opinion, it's more useful like this, as a transient thing - where you never actually lose the "real" transform on the object..

Thanks,

Andy

The improved SVG import has broken gradients near as I can tell. It worked fine in the last beta. 

"Improved" import:

post-3504-0-66169000-1423099653_thumb.png

How it should actually look:

post-3504-0-87275300-1423099719_thumb.png

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

I'm being told that there is no application to open the document“Affinity+Designer+Customer+Beta.dmg.part”. This has never happened before.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff

The improved SVG import has broken gradients near as I can tell. It worked fine in the last beta. 

"Improved" import:

attachicon.gifbroken import.png

attachicon.gifHow it should look.png

Hi Chris, it shouldn't have touched gradient import, so that's unexpected - is there any chance you could send the svg straight to me and I'll sort it asap :)  My email is mpriestley at seriflabs dot com

I'm being told that there is no application to open the document“Affinity+Designer+Customer+Beta.dmg.part”. This has never happened before.

That download is incomplete Jackamus, please try it again.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Is there a reason to still have the rounded corner rectangle tool in the tool bar now, given the rectangle tool has all of the same options?

I agree, there's no need for 2 rectangle tools on the palette. I'd much prefer a Line tool, so that I can preview it before laying it down which you cannot do with the Pen tool...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

"Improved" import:

attachicon.gifbroken import.png

attachicon.gifHow it should look.png

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sending me the logo - I've had a look and fixed the import now. The problem is that your SVG file specifies its colour stops as percentages without using a percentage symbol - it just says there is a stop at 0 and a stop at 100. W3.org says that the format for the colour stop position is supposed to be a number (which it says is typically 0 to 1) or a number followed by a percentage symbol to denote a percent. So I've fixed it up now and it will work fine, but I've had to add some logic to this incase your exported SVG contains values like 'stop at 0, stop at 0.5, stop at 100' because this is ambiguous - did it intend to make a stop at 50%, or at 0.5%? So I'd argue this SVG is not terrifically well formed and needs fixing. Do you mind me asking what program wrote this so that I can try it out a bit and see if we handle its output properly?

Thanks again  :)

Matt

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sending me the logo - I've had a look and fixed the import now. The problem is that your SVG file specifies its colour stops as percentages without using a percentage symbol - it just says there is a stop at 0 and a stop at 100. W3.org says that the format for the colour stop position is supposed to be a number (which it says is typically 0 to 1) or a number followed by a percentage symbol to denote a percent. So I've fixed it up now and it will work fine, but I've had to add some logic to this incase your exported SVG contains values like 'stop at 0, stop at 0.5, stop at 100' because this is ambiguous - did it intend to make a stop at 50%, or at 0.5%? So I'd argue this SVG is not terrifically well formed and needs fixing. Do you mind me asking what program wrote this so that I can try it out a bit and see if we handle its output properly?

Thanks again  :)

Matt

Interesting. It was created by AD Beta, BUT I believe I ran it through an online optimizer. I guess I should stop doing that. Funny that web browsers all render it correctly that way.

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.