You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello all you amazing people!! 

I have a question and it may be a simple silly answer but I'm afraid I haven't come right. 

I have created a design of a bottle for a client in a bigger size. There is filters etc on it. 

When I resize it to keep scale I know I need to hold down ctrl and alt then resize with the cursor.. But here is my problem, when I do that, the filters and gradients go bonkers, rounded edges that were slight on my main design are overly rounded when image scales smaller... 

So my question, is there a way to scale the image down with the filters and strokes etc scaling down as well to keep the same style it had when it was bigger? 

I hope my question makes sense 

Anyhoo, thanks in advance. 

:)

20 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Anyhow there seems a bug (Mac version) as the "Scale with object" option is on by default - I have to disable and enable it again to make it work when scaling objects with attached effects:

I cannot seem to replicate that behavior on my Mac. The option seems to be 'sticky' -- whichever setting I last used is retained the next time I open the FX window, even between launches of the app. I also don't have to toggle it on & off (or vise versa) to make it work. In fact, with it enabled I can resize the layer on the canvas & watch the px radius in the FX window update in real time.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Ok - here´s the catch. Draw a shape and go Styles and choose "Sunset" from the panel. When you now try to add the 3d effect you´ll notice the option "Scale with object" is already enabled. When you now scale the object the 3d effect won´t scale with it until you disable/enable this option again. ;)

Cheers

P.

9 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Ok - here´s the catch. Draw a shape and go Styles and choose "Sunset" from the panel. When you now try to add the 3d effect you´ll notice the option "Scale with object" is already enabled. When you now scale the object the 3d effect won´t scale with it until you disable/enable this option again. ;)

I do get that behavior, but as best as I can tell it only occurs with the Sunset style, & only when adding the 3D effect. Are there other instances besides that one where you see this?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I can recreate this with other styles. I guess the issue will appear when "Scaling with Object" is enabled but none of the effects are checked. Once you add 3d-effect the SwO-enabling will be ignored until you disable/enable it. I do have a workaround is all I want for now. 

Cheers

P.

• Staff
40 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Cheers

P.

Thanks for this PixelPest. Issue logged to be looked at.

1 hour ago, PixelPest said:

I can recreate this with other styles. I guess the issue will appear when "Scaling with Object" is enabled but none of the effects are checked. Once you add 3d-effect the SwO-enabling will be ignored until you disable/enable it. I do have a workaround is all I want for now. 

From what I can tell, it only happens with styles that include effects, & only for certain effects. If no style has been applied, it always seems to honor the SwO setting without toggling. But it is tricky to know for sure because (at least for me) the SwO setting is sticky (retains the last used setting) for items that have no style applied.

Hopefully, the developers can sort this out & tell use when it is a problem we need to be aware of....

Affinity Photo 

• 3 years later...

Hey @MEB, not sure you're still on it, but since you're active at some point I'll tag you. 😉

On Windows I still get the same results and suspect that – whether checked or not – »Scale with Object« is always active with saved presets and pasted styles.

I have a design for which I want to create several complex styles that I can then apply again and again.
Unfortunately, the styles scale completely randomly or multiply by multitudes even though the option »Scale with Object« is deactivated – what could be the possible reason to keep this behaviour in the apps, am I missing something?

It is completely contrary to what I would expect from a list of preset styles.
If I have to manually adjust the styles every time I apply them, I can save myself the trouble of creating presets in the first place. 🤔

Cheers
Dennis

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png