alekhkhanna

Stuck on "Loading from Photos..."

Hi,

So I uploaded some of my RAW files on iCloud and they got synced back to Photos. Whenever I try to open the RAW files from Photos app, it gets stuck on "Loading from Photos...". JPG files work fine. Screenshots attached. 

Any workaround ?

Thanks !

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edit: If I upload these photos to iCloud Drive (not iCloud Photos), they don't sync back to Photos app but open fine on AP. 

iPad Pro 10.5 (512GB) - Running 10.3.3

Hi alekhkhanna,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you provide some more info please:
Which camera/RAW format are you using? Is it on the supported camera/RAW formats list?
Which setting are you using in the iPad Settings ▸ Photos & Camera: Optimize iPad Storage or Download and Keep Originals?
Are you using iOS10 or iOS11 Beta?

I had this issue when I first got my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9" and affinity photo for iPad was released.  I followed all suggestions and still raw photos would not open from Import from Photos.  So I deleted Affinity Photo for iPad and reinstalled.  Had to do that 3 times before it worked correctly.  Have been able to Import (Raw) Photos in AP on my iPad Pro since.

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi alekhkhanna,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you provide some more info please:
Which camera/RAW format are you using? Is it on the supported camera/RAW formats list?
Which setting are you using in the iPad Settings ▸ Photos & Camera: Optimize iPad Storage or Download and Keep Originals?
Are you using iOS10 or iOS11 Beta?

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the welcome !

Nikon D5100. It's on the supported camera list. 

Settings are: Download and Keep Originals. iOS 10.3.3

I uninstalled and redownloaded 4th time and was able to import via iCloud drive, but not with Photos. They show up in the Photos import box as RAW, but get stuck on "Loading with Photos..." as seen in the screenshots above. 

7 hours ago, PhotoNewbie said:

I had this issue when I first got my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9" and affinity photo for iPad was released.  I followed all suggestions and still raw photos would not open from Import from Photos.  So I deleted Affinity Photo for iPad and reinstalled.  Had to do that 3 times before it worked correctly.  Have been able to Import (Raw) Photos in AP on my iPad Pro since.

Tried 4 times. No go. :(

1 hour ago, Andrew Tang said:

Can you try it with '▸ Optimize iPad Storage' first to see if that will import correctly. If that works, then can you try again by setting it back to '▸ Download and Keep Originals'.

HI Andrew !

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it started importing magically ! :D

Regards,

Alekh