I use photo 1.5.2.69 & designer 1.5.3.69 on Windows 10.
After starting the PC I try to run designer and photo.
I have been getting a grey box pop up error on startup: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).
I tried all the repair/uninstall/reinstall methods but these did not work.
I do not have RivaTuner installed. I have the latest .net framework installed.

The only way I seem to be able to resolve this is by simply rebooting the PC, however, this never seems to work 1st time.
I need to restart at least 3 times.

I'm not looking for a solution, but based on what I have read on the forums, I'm just letting people know that there may be an alternate/simple(ish) fix which can be used quickly until an update truly fixes the problem. 

Hi Steve, could you try the following for me?

Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard, then in the box that appears, type regedit. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics folder, and change the DisableHWAcceleration key to have a value of zero.

Now try to start the application. Does it work? Once you've tried this, you must reset the key back to it's original value.

This will tell us whether you have another piece of software installed on your system (similar to RivaTuner) that is causing problems with WPF's hardware rendering system.

I have attached a screengrab of what I see in the regedit window.

I would say that photo and designer are currently working after my multiple reboot solution.

I'm a bit busy today, so would prefer to try this on the next time they fail to load.

Untitled2.jpg

Thanks Steve. No rush, try it when you've got a minute. It looks like you'll need to add the key, to do that, right click in the area on the right and do New-> DWORD Value. Then give it a value of 0. You should delete that key when you've finished the test.

Hello,

I have the same or similar problem when starting the program.

The window pops up:

Photo.exe - application error

The application has not been properly started (0xc0000005). e.t.c ....

Nevertheless, the program Affinity Photo opens and everything is fine at first glance. 

First bug I noticed:

I have a problem with the disappearance of the window with the settings of tools and filters.

I work on two monitors. If I run the program on the primary monitor (laptop) everything is OK, but if I run the program on the second screen and run eg a lighting filter, then the window with the filter settings is missing.

Second bug I noticed:

While working on the second screen the image or graphics is displayed well, but as I move the program window to the first (laptop's) screen, the graphics do not display correctly and the problem disappears only after moving it to the second screen.

My software and hardware:

Affinity Photo 1.6.2.97

Operating System:

Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version: 1703 "Creators" (Redstone 2) \ April 2017 Update
Version Number: 10.0.16299
System Build type: Multiprocessor Free
System type: 64 bit

System Applications:

.Net Framework version\s: 3.5 SP1 (3.0 SP2, 2.0 SP2), 4.6.2+
Installed DirectX version: 12.0 (10.00.50727.0000)

Central Processing Unit (CPU):

Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
Specifications: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Clock speed (current \ base): 2701 MHz \ 2701 MHz

Total RAM installed: 32 768 MB

Motherboard manufacturer: FUJITSU
Motherboard model: FJNB274

Graphics Processing Unit\s (GPU):

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (1024 MB)
NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2048 MB)

Monitor\s:

DISPLAY1 - 1536x864 @ 32bpp (Primary)
DISPLAY2 - 1920x1200 @ 32bpp

After trying the above method, the problem persists.

I will be grateful for helping me.

Chris

Yes, probably this message is from windows.

Content: "The application has not been properly started (0xc0000005). Click OK to end the application.",

but after click "OK" the program Affinity Photo opens and everything is fine at first glance. 

49 minutes ago, LABRA Chris said:

Yes, probably this message is from windows.

Content: "The application has not been properly started (0xc0000005). Click OK to end the application.",

but after click "OK" the program Affinity Photo opens and everything is fine at first glance. 

That's very unusual, I've not seen this before. I wonder if it's some interaction with virus checker or anti-malware?

15 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

That's very unusual, I've not seen this before. I wonder if it's some interaction with virus checker or anti-malware?

I turned off several programs in autostart and CCleaner. You were right. The window does not appear anymore, but the errors while working on two screens have not disappeared.

Hello,

I will be grateful for your help in the matter described above.

I have additional information that can help you solve the problem.
1 After reinstalling Windows 10 pro, the error window no longer appears during startup. I did not install CCleaner. I changed the antivirus program.
2 If I work on two screens, but the Affinity Photo window is on screen No. 2 - DELL, there are still problems with invisible windows and image display. It does not matter which of the two graphics cards uses Affinity Photo.

Problems disappear in the following situations:
1 If I switch to only one screen. It does not matter on which monitor I work, but the other must be disconnected.
2 If I work on two screens, but the Affinity Photo window is on the screen No. 1 - laptop.

It is very important for me to be able to work on two monitors simultaneously with the Affinity Photo window on the second screen - DELL U2413f.